Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was a 20 year old rookie. Youngest patrolman ever hired by the department. Got to taking apart my Model 10 pencil barreled S&W to see how it worked and give it a thorough cleaning. As my afternoon shift grew closer, and me getting more frustrated in its reassembly I started to sweat. I was 25 minutes drive time to work and the pressure mounted. My bride wasn't helping with her comments that I'd have to show up on shift with a sack of parts!

My pride and determination grabbed hold and I was able to put 'er back together and made roll call by the skin of my teeth.

Tuition spent in the School of Life.

AC

·
Registered
21,234 Posts
Nothin' like the college of hard knocks! You learn REEEAALLL quick when you screw up, NOT to do THAT again! Beats any liberal university edumacation...hands down!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I was a sheriff deputy I was cleaning my revolver before leaving for work. It was time to leave when I finished, I wiped the gun down and dry fired it once. I saw something fly out the barrel. It was half the firing pin. I had to go in with a non working gun, Lucky I stopped at a gun shop and they gave me a loaner while they fixed mine.

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
In 1975 being a policeman was a hassle free job compared to what it is today.I am surprised anyone would want to be a police officer today.You can make a whole lot more money doing many other things that are stress and risk free.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
I was a 20 year old rookie. Youngest patrolman ever hired by the department. Got to taking apart my Model 10 pencil barreled S&W to see how it worked and give it a thorough cleaning. As my afternoon shift grew closer, and me getting more frustrated in its reassembly I started to sweat. I was 25 minutes drive time to work and the pressure mounted. My bride wasn't helping with her comments that I'd have to show up on shift with a sack of parts!

My pride and determination grabbed hold and I was able to put 'er back together and made roll call by the skin of my teeth.

Tuition spent in the School of Life.

AC
Hum... I do not recall ever having any issues with firearm assembly prior to leaving my home enroute to the station.

However, I do remember a couple of times that in the rush to get out the door to drive to the station, forgetting my RADIO and even my firearm. Sometimes things get complicated with overtime, court appearances and extra duty details as there is not enough time in a day to complete, let alone to provide yourself with an adaqute amount of sleep.

Fun times, all behind me now!

Thx for posting~!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.