Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in communication via email with the folks at oneraggedhole.com regarding their One Ragged Hole sight system. A few weeks ago I purchased one of these for a Winchester 94 and really like the quick handling and performance this set-up provides. More than that I really liked the price which is to say it was a fraction of what Wild West Guns or AO ask for their ghost ring sights. I sent these folks an email inquiring if they have any plans on designing one for Marlin rifles and got a reply that they are indeed about to release a product line for both Marlin's and S&W's. In the reply was a question that I need to pass on to all of you. Their question was: Would I prefer a folding sight or a fixed sight? They were leaning towards a fixed sight using the rational that it would be stronger and cheaper to manufacture. They said that production costs for a folding model would just about double that of a fixed model but I got the impression that they are very receptive to the needs of the consumer, that being us Marlin shooters. I offered to bring the question to this forum and based on your replies, I will relay the information back to One Ragged Hole. They want your opinion. What say ye? Folding or fixed?

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
I just took a quick look at what they mount on the Winchester, and it does look like it has potential, but looks like it could catch on to things. I vote for fixed.

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Me too.

PJ

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies and your input on this matter. I've forwarded the vote for a fixed sight on the the fine folks at oneraggedhole.com and got a reply today that production units for Marlin rifles should be available for sale to the public in about one month. I'm guessing that about August 1st would be a good time to check their web site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts