Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
I don't know what advantage it would have. The two piece is to make sure your lever and bolt is closed all the way before the gun will fire. Kind of a safety feature I would think.

Bill

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
There are no advantages, just disadvantages. The one piece firing pins don't do anything to improve a Marlin, unless you want to fire like Lucas McCain!
What they do is make your Marlin much less safe than it was. With a one piece firing pin, you can not only fire the gun without the bolt and lever fully closed, but a strike to the rear of the firing pin will cause it to move frward also, possibly setting off a primer.
Best to leave it alone.

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Advantage, You can get by with a much lighter hammerstrike. The two piece takes a little more to get detonation. The one piece you can lighten your mainspring, thusly making the trigger pull much lighter. The one piece is used in many firearms, the marlin used the two piece as a safety feature. The half cock on the same firearm is also a safety feature, and many here defeat the CBS, because of this feature. Your firearm if converted can be tuned easier, the user is the best safety a firearm has ever had. Once done, the owner has a responsibility to never ever lend it out for others use whether they no of the feature or not. If sold, reinstalled the two piece do not give the one piece to the new owner. Liability is a four lettered thought, running through a six figured mind.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My older 336 does not have the Trigger Safety Block like the newer ( 1950's and newer that is) ones do. A one piece firing pin wouldn't be a safe option for this older rifle it sounds like.

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Old Wolf, check out a 94 win with a half cock and no cbs. The firing pin is one piece. The only thing that makes your rifle safe is you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts