Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhh, random website onion dispersal. Stoopid unjins.

RIP

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My father joined the Navy a the start of the war. His first assignment was as a tail gunner like Deen.

He told me none of his classmates survived the war. He was at the top of his class and was sent to Corsair mechanic's school, then was selected for engineering school.

We have a hard time realizing the sacrifices "The Greatest Generation" made during the depression and WWII.

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
Turkey that's too true, my Dad would never tell me about the war, except the BS. His outfit went 101 days without a bath, he said they had to go through a dip tank to kill the lice. A few others fishing with grenades, things like that. Only one time did he slip when we were drinking, just a little about the Rhine crossing, he cried & would have killed some REMF for send no paddles for the boats.

·
Registered
266 Posts
"Never think that war, no matter how necessary or justified, is not a crime. Just ask the infantry, and ask the dead."
Ernest Hemingway

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
War does Not determine who is Right -it determines only who is left.

sad indeed.

Reactions: Jackel1

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
I still think about coming in from the field and having memorial services for fallen brothers; the bayoneted rifle in the ground with the helmet on the stock, a pair of boots and Taps being played. So many fallen brothers. May they all rest in peace.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It got a little dusty in here. Thank you for sharing. Seen too many helmet/rifle memorials after coming in from the field. It never gets easier. Dulce bellum Inexpertis - Erasamus (Sweet is war to those that do no know it).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.