Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just packed in a pristine 1947 36A in 30-30, at way less than $400, absolutely as shipped, right down to the original front sight hood.
Not a single mark on any screw, and vitually no finish loss on mating/moving parts.
This is one for which I have no restoration at all. I believe I'll find closet fuzz in the barrel when I first clean it.
While I prefer to find them well carried and little shot for less than $250, the condition of this one is worth far more then a small premium.
This one I've been looking for...
A best friend needs it next birthday.
We should all have a special gun, made the same year we were....

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Indeed, I'd call it that. 8)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm lucky enough to have had an older brother for 60 years so far, and a very special one at that.
We mirror our maternal Grandad and his brother pretty well...
You might say we've shared the same rivers, the same trails, many remote sunsets and mountain ridges;
We still observe the subtle changes of the seasons in the manner we were raised.
Best woodsman I've known, and he passed skills to the next generation as he passed 'em to me.... his kids and a couple hundred more.
And his youngest daughter can out perform most men I know ... with a cheerful smile too!
A good man, a good father, and yup, a decent brother.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I'd say he's got a pretty decent as well. Well done, sir. DP

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
And where are the pictures?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Sure would like to see pictures sounds great!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was born in 1950 if you happen upon another and care to make someone else happy

·
Registered
297 Posts
pls1911, it"s our lucky day, I"m your twin brother, separated at birth, and have I got a shopping list for you ol buddy.

riflerick

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who knows where in cyber space the first attempt went... the photos of the 36 have to wait until next week...
The next two posts are of a 1949 336A I picked up a couple of months ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And, the flip side...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am of the firm belief that when specimens of this kind are located their value exceeds the price of newly manufactured models, though we're likely to pick them up for considerably less....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts