Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, while everyone else was watching the Super Bowl tonight I won an auction on Gun Broker for my ported 450. Another one checked off the list. That just leaves the 336D & the 1894CP.

I'm excited but won't be able to shoot her for a couple of moths due to my recent surgery. Still, great evening at the ranch!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Congrats on your new gun. Just got mine and took it to the range today. Shots great, I use the 350 gr factory ammo. Hope you heal quick, so you can enjoy your gun.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle looks good.
JW

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
1895Gunner said:
Thanks, is yours ported? All my other Marlin levers are ported.... I'm on a quest!
Yes it is, got it from one of the MO members.

·
Registered
478 Posts
$450 for a 450. Not bad. It looks good, hope it shoots better than it looks!

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Erik! I know the ported models aren't for everyone but I just love em. Now that I have collected all of the big bore models I'll be hunting down the smaller ported bores. Unfortunately, they will have to wait till next year. ;D

I do feel very happy that I've made such good progress in just over a year. Now it's time to settle down and start enjoying them.

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
1895Gunner said:
Thanks Erik! I know the ported models aren't for everyone but I just love em. Now that I have collected all of the big bore models I'll be hunting down the smaller ported bores. Unfortunately, they will have to wait till next year. ;D

I do feel very happy that I've made such good progress in just over a year. Now it's time to settle down and start enjoying them.
I think you've officially earned the title of Holey Man!

;D

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, since I've been laid up I wasn't able to drive across state to pick up my new rifle, had it shipped to my FFL. Tracking says it arrived yesterday so hopefully I can talk my wife into driving me into town today to pick it up.

I'm looking forward to our new family member although my wife said I'll have to do the feeding and cleaning on this one. ;D

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got the elephant (see below) home and I'm extremely happy with the fit & finish. Beautiful rifle and her siblings are excited too. They all want to go out and play but can't..... Soon kids, soon.

After family leaves on Monday I'll be able to get pictures posted. Until then, refer back to first message on this thread (Gun Broker pics).

1895M = "Elephant"
1895G = "Grizzly"
444P = "Buffalo"
1894P = "Deer"
783 = "Coyote"
99C = "Squirrel"

·
Registered
849 Posts
BLAM! BLAM!BLAM!BLAM! BLAM!

GET SOME!!!

Good lookin riffle.

;)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hahahaha - Uh - SURE!!!

As soon as I load 'em up and shoot 'em some more I'll send 'em to 'ya.

;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts