Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this? Looks like a peep that replaces your factory rear sight blade. Was wondering if these are anygood?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Joe, I have one on my 41 mag (6 1/2 bbl) it has seemed to help me. Course Iam going on 65 and with bi-focals I need all the help I can get.

Gun Runner

·
Registered
489 Posts
I take it that you are asking about the One Ragged Hole sight? If so, all I can say is 'buy it'! I have four of these sights. One on a Ruger Mk II .22 pistol, one on a Marlin 1895ss .45-70, another on a Marlin 1895G .45-70 and a forth on a Winchester 1894 .44 mag. Needless to say that I really like these sights. Plus, the guy that owns the company (Buck) is one heck of a nice guy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are they adjustable for windage and elevation

Are they adjustable for windage and elevation?[/b]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Are they adjustable for windage and elevation

Mr. Joe said:
Are they adjustable for windage and elevation?[/b]
They adjust the same way your factory sights do. A ramp for elevation and a tap or two on the dovetail for windage. The only part that is replaced is the buckhorn or blade portion of the sight. Everything else stays the same. It is worth noting that, depending on the type of firearm, you may lose the ability to fold down the rear sight. This is not a problem for me but it might be for some people. It will not be in the way if you want to install a scope.

What type of rifle are you thinking about putting one on? Even though the web site doesn't mention that they work on the 39A, they do as long as you have one of the newer versions with the folding rear sight. Even if you don't, you can order a folding rear sight and install it on one of the older 39A's and the sight will work just fine. I put one on one of my newer 39A's tonight. I now have five of these great little sights. Maybe it's just me, but I love 'em. I think my favorite is on a Winchester 1894 Trapper .44 Rem. Mag. with a 16" barrel. Using the One Ragged Hole sight makes that short little rifle very quick to get on the target. Great for hogs in thick cover.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Funny you should mention peep sights. Last summer I inherited an 50+ year old 80-DL 22 Bolt. On it was a peep sight attached to the side of the receiver. The barrel had an empty “dovetail”. I removed the peep and installed the “Marbles” buckhorn sight I found in the box. Had so much fun with it over the summer that I just ordered a 39A. Beings that I didn’t want 2 rifles with the same sights, I reinstalled the peep.

What I’m wondering is, should I remove the buckhorn or would it be better to leave it on ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts