Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Older "Hornady Deluxe" powder measure opinions

This is what Hornady made before the Lock-N-Load. I'm looking at buying a used one. The whole kit is complete (two micrometers) and in pretty good shape and the seller isn't asking much. It seems to fit right in my budget and gives me loading range from 0.5grs to 70grs.

It's the last piece of equipment I need to begin reloading the 444. Has anyone used one and what are your opinions?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
409 Posts

meh92, the Hornady and the older Pacific ( same thing ) powder measures are very well made and work great . I use the extra pistol micrometer from my Redding 3-BR on my Pacific and it's just as accurate as the Redding. The Hornady I have seems to cut IMR 4198 even better then the Redding. HYDE

·
Registered
54 Posts

The one I have, been using for years, I have to be carefull and cycle it the same speed every time or it will throw a different charge, its usually only off by a grain or two. I weigh every charge for rifle rounds anyway, so its not a big deal.
Im not sure if this is normal as this is the only powder measure I have ever used. I guess if it wasnt normal there would be no reason to have a powder trickler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts