Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 1970s 1894 in .44mag that I bought at a gun show a few years ago. It was missing the front barrel band screw. The seller told me those would be easy to find, and he couldn't have been more wrong.
In fact, I have still not been able to find that screw since I've owned this rifle.

Numrich has been out of stock for several years now, and on ebay I can only find the "new style" screw.

I'm about to throw in the towel and pay a lot of money to have a machinist make a screw. I can't use the rifle, the magazine tube falls off when I shoot it.

Does anybody here know where I might find an "old style" front barrel band screw? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I don't know what the difference would be between old style and new but couldn't you get a new style barrel band and screw? Or tap your old barrel band for a different thread screw.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
When I was in bussiness I paid 50 sum dollars for Jack First catalogs. I think money was returned when you bought so much off them.
It was money well spent, All the blow up views & parts list are worth it alone. I still use them all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.