Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this on the Optics forum and no replys,thought I would try here.

I have a old Weaver K-4 scope that was my Dad's and I was thinking about mounting it on my Marlin 35 Rem. made in 1969.
My question is it's one of the older k-4's that the cross hairs move separately when you adjust them,is there any way to adjust the cross hairs back to true center?

I would like to get the cross hairs back to center before I try and sight it in.

The scope is like new,my Dad had it on his old British 303 and I just thought it would be cool to get it back in use.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Move elevation adjustment all the way up, count clicks or adjustment marks to full down, then move adjustment half way back. Do the same for windage. It may not be true center, but should be center for the adjustments.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Move elevation adjustment all the way up, count clicks or adjustment marks to full down, then move adjustment half way back. Do the same for windage. It may not be true center, but should be center for the adjustments.
Thanks! I will try that

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You will probably never get the cross hairs PERFECTLY centered, but even if you did when you zero the rifle, that in itself, will take them back off center. My suggestion would be to use a laser boresighter. If you don't have one Walmart has them for about $25. I've used mine on several rifles.

Once the scope is mount securely on the rifle, I tape a target on the wall at the end of our hallway which is about 25 yards long. Then with just a small light at the end by the target, I turn the hall light off and with the rifle stabilized on a table at the other end I put the red dot on the center of the target and adjust the cross hairs to the red dot. That has always put me on the paper when I go out to zero the rifle.

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
849 Posts
that is an oldie k-4, but that doesn't make it obsolete. if you haven't bought the mounts and rings yet, you can get a set that allows you to adjust the windage, and some even the elevation, though they're frequently more expensive than the fixed ones. then you can center your crosshairs and sight it in, at least close, with the mount adjustments. i've had to get adjustable mounts for some of my rifles that were drilled and tapped crooked. i can't pretend that my k-2.5's, k-3's k-4's, my lyman all-weathers, and my redfield teevee screeners are better than what's out there today, but i like 'em. enough said.
mind yer topknot!
windy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts