Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was disassembling the 1893 38-55 30" barrel I just got to clean and replace the broken ejector. I noticed that the ejector is the old style held in by a small screw (like the 1889's). I saw numrich does not have these, does anyone know where I can get one or do I have to get one made?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I don't know of anyone who has them, but I've always just used the later style without the screw and put a filler thread in the hole. The later ejectors fit right in and function fine.
I make a filler screw by cutting a screw the correct length to just go in the hole and bluing the end. Then I turn them in with finger pressure on the end until they are flush. This gives the original appearance so nobody will know.

·
Super Moderator
12,095 Posts
Yup Wizners makes them, tho they aren't drop in. Numrich sometimes has them too.

Reactions: KadillacKelley

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Wisners and they currently don't have any, I saw the one on ebay and I think it will work-I think the 1889 ejector is the same??

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I believe the 1889 is shorter in length.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Dont know if you repaired the problem,but thought I would add a pic and some measurements.The 1889 ejector measures 1 1/16" from the center of screw hole to the end of the arm.The catch is located 5/32" back from the end of the arm.I have a pic to compare an original 1889 along side a original(with broken spring)1893 ejector.Looks like a 1889 may work in a 1893.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont know if you repaired the problem,but thought I would add a pic and some measurements.The 1889 ejector measures 1 1/16" from the center of screw hole to the end of the arm.The catch is located 5/32" back from the end of the arm.I have a pic to compare an original 1889 along side a original(with broken spring)1893 ejector.Looks like a 1889 may work in a 1893.
Thanks for the pic and the measurement work! I just bought one for an 1889 on Ebay along with a first gen rocky mtn. front sight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts