Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me where I could find an older box of 35 Remington ammo? I am looking for a dogbone or train box. Older UMC box would also be good. THANKS!

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "train" box? I collect Remington and Rem-UMC ammo. I may have an extra box of .35 Rem in the old lift top tan box. What have you got to trade?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Marlinman 93, thanks for the reply! I really don't have much to trade, all I have is a box (5pack) of Marlin razorblades that are in great shape and , if you're into Remington 14's at all I also have one of the copper bead front sights that is in good shape. The sight is hard to come by and was the one used in the teens. I have a Remington 14 in 35 Remington caliber that was made in 1920 that is in almost new condition and was trying to get a box of ammo for it. Is the ammo you have in good shape and does it have a model 14 on the box? The train ammo I was refering to is the old Express box that has a locamotive on it. I know I don't have much to trade for your box of ammo but I would sure be willing to buy it from you because I haven't had any luck getting one in any kind of shape and would really like one to go with the rifle. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Wiktor,
I have two boxes of ammo that are extra to my collection. One is the Remington green and red box, with white lettering. Marked Remington Kleanbore Express. 200 grain core-lokt express and .35 on the end panels This is the box used just after the "dog bone" was dropped, and looks like the dog bone box, without that feature.
The second box is not Remington, but Winchester two piece orange box. Also 200 grain bullets, and marked Winchester .35 Remington Autoloading Soft Point, For Remington Autoloading and Stevens Rifles.
The Remington box is a full 20 original rounds, while the Winchester is 19 original, with the very early 1900's style primers that have that typical "fired" look, with the dimple in the center.
Both are in good shape, with no tears, minor wear on the sharp edges, and complete labels. The Remington would be $30 and the Winchester is $75, plus $5 postage on either.
Drop me an email if you're interested. I can send you pictures.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Marlinman, Thanks for the offer but I am really looking for something older, more in time with the model 14 I have. I would also like to keep it Remington brand. If you hear of any, please let me know. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts