Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, Originally from Northern Maine. Family had potato farm in Aroostook County Which pettered out and most of us moved down to Boston. (I hated the city) My father taught me to shoot with an old Red Ryder BB gun and the on to a 22 cal bolt rifle. Went into the Army for a bit. Served 1 1/2 tours in South East Asia 1968/69. Came home, and got a job as an industrial mechanic. Traveled all over the world installing and repairing production equipment until the Rheumatoid Arthritis forced me into retirement.
In celebration of my retirement I bought a Marlin 336CS in 30/30 with a Bsa Catseye 3-10 X44IR Scope. Going to get in some hunting, Hogs maybe deer while I am still able.
Looking forward to reading on the Forum for info on the 336 and also hunting, and of course putting my 2 cents in when I can be of help or crack a joke.

Best Regards, Roy

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Welcome to MO from another South Floridian and thanks for your service!

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
Roy, welcome to MO from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome Roy from north Florida! Palm Beach County is real close to hog heaven, there are numerous places to hunt the wild porker in that area. Anywhere around the "Big O" (Lake Okeechobee) is a good place to start looking. Have fun on Marlin Owners.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Hi Roy,

Welcome to Marlin Owner's!!! :)

I'm a Maine-ah too!!! ;D

I live in Casco, located at the northeast end of Sebago Lake!!!

Worked for Georgia-Pacific for 11 years..
We'd give money to the drivers that were headin' up north to the county to bring us back some spuds!!! :)

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Welcome to MarlinOwners from central Florida! There are some fine folk here in Florida that belong to the site from Jacksonville to South Miami. Glad you're here and you made a great choice on the rifle. Congrats on your retirement, enjoy the hunting & welcome to the extended family here on MO.....

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Now for you Southern boys. I may be from UP North, but Iv'e always hated the cold and I got down here as soon I could. Surrounding the circumstances. Amen

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Welcome to Mo from central Kansas! You came to the right place for information!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Welcome from TN