Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some time yesterday so took my Dad's old (pre WW1) 32 WCF (32-20) out for some exercise.

5.4 grains Unique and a LaserCast 115 grain bullet sized at .313 at 50 yards, original factory open sights. I pulled a few or some just had a mind of their own but in general, I can be happy with this performance. That one at the bottom showed evidence of keyholing. In fact, of the first 10 shots of the day I had 3 that did it. Not sure why; I had run over 50 of these previously (3-4 ranges sessions testing things) with no problem. The barrel was cleaned before yesterday's shooting. The group shown above was shots 30-50 yesterday.

All in all, I'm happy with it. It sure is a fun gun to shoot; I wish I'd got it running a whole lot of years ago.

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
Good that you kept it,they don't make Winchesters like that anymore.I would only own a New Haven made Winchester rifle.Same goes for Marlin.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In between load testing the 38-55 from my other thread, I ran 50 more through the M92 at a bit lower charge level, 5.2 grains of Unique. I shot these groups while adjusting the sights. The design of that rear semi-buckhorn is as tough to be accurate with as the one on the 38-55. I shot the remaining 30 at one target and ended up with a group bigger than I expected based on these sighter groups but still acceptable to me. I said it before and I'll say it again.....This sure is a fun gun to shoot!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts