Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a firing pin for an original Model 1895, this one is chambered in 40-82, which I don't think makes a difference. Wisner's is out right now. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. There are a lot on E bay, I wish the sellers would lay a tape measure next to them, they look the same but not sure if the length will be right. The firing pin in this gun is looks like it would be 4 inches long when not broken.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I looked at those firng pins on ebay. & they are not correct. the old 1895 pin is longer than the 1893 & 1894 models. I would say your best bet is take the pin to a blacksmith & have him rebuild the tip. 99% of the time that is what breaks. Care must be taken to insure it is not too long otherwise you pierce primers. Prime a empty shell & try it that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Marlin93$, you are right the firing pins on E bay are not right for an Old Model 1895. Luckily I have another old 1895 in 45-70 that I exchanged firing pins with so I can shoot the 40-82. I'm going Elk hunting in October and plan to use it, the 45-70 is too nice to take to the mountains. I finally got the 40-82 to shoot really good after trying different bullets and loads , then the firing pin breaks, just the luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.