Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just purchased a brand new Marlin 60 SS and was so excited to bring it home and try it out. Purchased some Remington 22 LR Match EPS rounds and I'm flat out disappointed at the moment. Very first round I fired - stuck! Did not eject! I had to pry it out. Tried one more shell and the same thing but this time, I had to run a rod down the barrel to pop the shell out. So now, I truly have a dangerous weapon!

Anyone else run into such an issue?

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...Did you clean the rifle before shooting? Most guns from the factory have a grease that needs to be cleaned out before firing.This grease will cause failures like the one you described...

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

As LAGUN said, clean barrel and chamber, and also the face of the bolt. If you still have a problem, BRING IT BACK TO THE DEALER.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Ditto on the recommendation. Probably some sticky goop in the chamber. Give 'er a good flushing and try it again.

Reactions: buckweet

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here! John

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'll make it a threesome and recommend a good cleaning. Glad you joined us.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome from the high plains of Colorado. I'm sure you've cleaned it a time or two by now.
You might try a few dozen high velocity rounds to loosen things up a bit, CCI mini mags or that type.
Hope you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hello There Ole Guy".... I'm an Ole Guy My Ole Self from Tx. :tee:Welcome to our piece of the world on the net...... My vote is for high power mini mag's for your new rifle . Run a cupla 100 of them thing through er just as Fast as You can pull that trigger... Clean it out real Good Blot and all in between each of those first 200 high power mini mag's . Then clean it again REAL Good" , then try running that Match ammo through er.... Betcha that'll fix the ole gal . Ya might have a few fail to fire's with the Mini mag's ..... but don't give up the ship.... Just keep er up and getter good and broke in .... It'll be good to go..... If not Take her back to your dealer and getcha another one Just like that one you have ....

Magnum

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!! Hope you get your 60 SS shootn!

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Welcome to MarlinOwners. Glad to have you with us!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts