Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Nice picture but you might want to think about adding a caliber to fill the gap between those two!

Welcome to the forum chris.

Jeff

Reactions: vrkar10

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Nice Chris, I just wish the one on the left had the recoil of the one on the right.

Reactions: MJAJohnson

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well now I know why Marlin lever guns feel so natural to me.
When I was 5 years old I got my first BB gun just like the one in the post next to the guide gun. My grandmother lived outside of town and I would spend every weekend out there shooting that Daisy from sunup to sundown. Eventually I would run out of ammo (BB's) and then would get on my hands and knees and crawl around in the flower beds picking up shot ammo.
Come to think of it maybe that is why I am a "reloader" today.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Two beautiful american classics. Of course you need every caliber inbetween. In a marlin.. Let's see.. 22,22 mag, 357, 41 mag, 44 mag, 30-30, 32 sp, 35 rem, 444, and a 450 just for good measure.. And I forgot al the hyphenated calibers! :marchmellow:

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I love those "Red Ryders". Still have a couple. They first came out in 1938. From that date on, I'll bet there more of those made than Marlin lever guns.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Nice! :congrats:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. I cut my teeth on the Red Ryder as a young lad and ever since I found Elmer Keith many years ago I had to have a 45-70 and my Great Grandfathers old trapdoor was not enough so the Marlin filled the gap. Chris S

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
welcome to the MO from the motor city! nice daisy and even nicer shoulder cannon! enjoy the shoulder mounted light artillery aka the 45-70!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Two classics that belong together. Between those two rifles you can solve an amazing number of problems!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts