Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my old .35 rem 336SC out for a little shoot today. This gun has a couple of dark spots in the bore but they don't seem to affect the accuracy much: 5 shot group using old Remington 150 grain Core-Lokt:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another group from the same session. 5 Shot group at about 50 yards, w/ ancient Weaver K2.5:

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I got several of the old and new Weaver K-2.5's mounted on huntin guns. Both my 35's are wearin em as are several other Marlins. What year is your SC, she looks good and shoots great! DP

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
35hunter said:
My mobile shooting range:
I can see it in my head, " OK honey, that's it for 50 yds, put er in gear and run on out to 100 and keep yer foot on the brake while I check it there." ;D Glad to see ya got the target settin on the left side of the pick-up box. ;) ;D DP

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is an "S" prefix which I believe is a 1959 model. Gotta find an original sight hood. I hope to find a replacement barrel someday but the truth is
I'll probably be passed on to the Happy Hunting Grounds before it is really needed.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Interesting. Most folks claim the 150 gr Core-Lokts are inherently inaccurate. I have shot factory 150 gr. ammo many moons ago and never found it inaccurate. I recently bought 150 of the bullets for reloading and made up a load using Varget. They seem to work just fine.

I have a 1957 336 SC in 35 Remington. Interestingly, it shoots factory 200 gr LE ammo better than anything I could imagine.

This is 3 shots @ 100 yards!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts