Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired of being cold and of this snow. It is -8 and I left my coat in the truck which means that my coat is frozen. Now I have to go start my truck. I don't like snow.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sounds like you need 2 coats :) Just keep telling yourself it's going to warm up one of these days. Then when it does you can wish for it to cool off to get rid of all the biting bugs and no-see-ums. :wink:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
A NMP would go start your truck for you :wink:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
You sure moved to the wrong area of USA if you don't like snow and cold 8)

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
luisyamaha said:
I keep telling you the tropics are the place to be! :lol:
I'll take snow and cold over tidal waves and hurricanes anyday..

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Was contemplating this issue while trying to decide what area of the country would be the best place to move to upon retiring. The northern states have miserable winters, the southeast and gulf coast get pummeled by hurricanes, the northwest is perpetually wet, the west coast is subject to earthquakes and brushfires, and the middle plains area is prone to tornadoes. If there is a best place, would somebody please let me know where it is?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe somewhere in Northern AZ, Retro? They have some rough winters there but they don't last until June at least.

The worst thing about here is self service gas stations which is all we have. But usually when I go to the Inn, I go inside, get a cup of tea, and it's usually no trouble to make some NMP think that it is his idea to fill my gas tank for me :)

I don't like to do it myself because the gas pump thingies are so terribly cold.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Miss Tiger-Do ya tip em :) Life is good, BestLever

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, no, Best Lever, I'm not talking about employees at the Inn, just NMPs who are there having coffee or breakfast. All I have to do is sit down with my tea and casually mention that I like my tea really hot because it warms up my hands before I have to go out and pump my own gas and that usually takes care of that problem. :)

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Gunjunkie: Hurricanes and tidal waves are wayyyy overrated. They are serious enough, but just don't happen all that often. The last two significant hurricanes to hit Puerto Rico were Georges in 1998 and Hugo in 1989. Before that, Betsy in 1956. Hugo only affected the North Eastern part of the island while Georges went right through the middle lenghtwise. Lots of wind storm damage to the infrastructure of power lines and agriculture, plus damage to areas where swollen rivers may have swept away structures. By and large a great majority of homes here are made of concrete, so unless the terrain (and the structure) is swept away by flood waters, the home is not ruined by water.

The headlines "Puerto Rico devastated by Georges" with the pictures of the one house being swept away sells papers. My damages amounted to being without power for 10 days or so. More people freeze to death in the North East US every year than die in hurricanes. For that matter, the East coast of the continental US gets more and worse hurricanes than the Caribbean.

The last (and only, I think) tidal wave to hit Puerto Rico was a small one in the western side of the island in 1911.

It IS Paradise! Maybe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts