Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These Democrats are absolutely insane if they believe they can force this upon the people. I'd be lucky to make it to town and back from my house, if I had to cross town shopping. Why would anyone spend $34,000 on a vehicle that only allows them to drive 70 miles?

New Electric Vehicle Completely Bombs, Could Only Make It 70 Miles Driving at Highway Speeds

Saw a video last night on undisclosed EV costs that suggested these things eat tires like crazy, look at replacing tires every 200 miles, and they are heavy so the load rating is higher, and thus tires for them are more expensive. Causes cited, the additional weight, and being electric you expose the tires to substantially more torque on take off every time.

Insurance is more expensive on them, although I missed why. If I had to guess, limited experience, maybe the rash of battery fires.

Very little for the backyard mechanic to fix unless he has a degree in Electrical Engineering. They are supposedly, relatively trouble free, but if it breaks, you are likely at the mercy of the dealership.

EV Owners pay additional taxes on vehicle registration and licensing, to make up for highway taxes not paid at the pump. (Y'all didn't really think them crooked politicians overlooked that highway tax thingy did you?)

Then there are a number of hidden fees at charging stations, increased rates for charging rate, fees for leaving it plugged in after it fully charges, like while you're in the mall shopping, across the street in the bar drinking, in the backseat napping, anything to avoid the boredom and being plugged in and waiting AGAIN. And, some of those get pretty severe the longer you wait to unplug.

But, they don't tell you all of this when doing cost analysis.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The earth has an ice age about every 5,000 to 8,000 years, currently we are at year about 7,500. All the ice is supposed to be about melted, and the earth much hotter in general. The question is , will all the warming, group think sheep, turn into a cooling freaks, in about 3,000 years, when the ice over Minnesota and Pennsylvania is three miles thick again ?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Had a car, with a engine exhaust note control switch on the console, normal and sport (loud), BMW Active Sound Design. It was actually no change to the exhaust setting , but an electronically produced sport tuned exhaust note, as in from a speaker (in a shifty way, called piped in). BMW has so sound insulated the cabins, to "hear" the engine, this sort thing of had to be done. When the day comes to go electric, hopefully, at least a fake loud/sport exhaust, banging thru the gears will be available,

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Electric vehicles will only become feasible when you can get at least 500 to 600 miles on a charge and can charge the battery in under 10 minutes. It takes me 5 minutes to gas up my truck and I can go 400 plus miles. And I like the sound of an engine running.
I have a truck that gets 400+ as well and on the side plackard it says "5.7 HEMI". HECK, just typing that makes me smile 😁. I grew up driving muscle cars. I once drove my wife and two small girls on a trip in a 2 seater AMX 390, 4SPD. I have never claimed to be the safest person you'll ever know.

Several other nice cars may have culminated in a 1987 Corvette being shipped to Germany in 1988. Trust me, unrestricted Autobahns were the norm back then. 😁

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"If they believe they can?" Dude... they're DOING IT! And YES, they ARE insane.

Luis

I don't foresee electric vehicles ever becoming a thing, much beyond where we're at now... To many "FAIL" videos hitting the internet. Every negative aspect of these vehicles is now coming to light, all the down sides are seen in...

-- Initial cost of vehicle
-- Additional license fees
-- Higher insurance rates
-- Cost to upgrade home electrical systems to charge one
-- Lack of charging stations at various destinations
-- Lack of rapid charge stations in general
-- Replacement cost of batteries
-- Limited battery life
-- Constantly failing to meet estimated travel range
-- Having a very limited travel range
-- Extensive charging times, resulting in...
-- Substantially increased travel times
-- Cost of charging one on quick chargers
-- Fees for leaving it plugged in after charged
-- Having to replace tires every 2 - 3 thousand miles.

Couple that with the reality of brown outs experienced various places during the heat wave this summer and parts of Texas freezing down because of dependence on renewable energy that didn't work in severe cold weather not long ago, because they've shut down carbon fired power plants, and reports of Germany having to limit AC and hot water use, no street lights/yard lights, entire country being forced to go to bed when the sun goes down, businesses forced to limit services and close entirely because of lack of electricity, and everyone waking up to the fact that even if the carbon based power plants were up and running, THE ENTIRE ELECTRIC GRID, is not sized to support this already failed concept of millions of electric vehicles being charged at this time.

This is not to mention, once we graduate from cars into the insane concept of electric trucks, we have an already failed supply chain under this moron Democrat abomination. And, no one has explained how farmers are supposed to run combines and tractors 24 hours a day at harvest, 30 miles from home, in the middle of nowhere, with no way to shut them down to recharge them, even if they had any place to charge them, which they don't.

Their proposed elimination of the internal combustion engine is a pipe dream! It is entirely dependent upon society as a whole simply rolling over, and caving to the whims of a bunch of damn lunatics, while quietly allowing themselves to be vaccinated and starved to death. And, the lid is about ready to blow off that pot!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"If they believe they can?" Dude... they're DOING IT! And YES, they ARE insane.

Luis

Making my point precisely, please see poll middle of the page here, where 97% of respondents indicate they would NOT consider buying an electric vehicle...

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I don't foresee electric vehicles ever becoming a thing, much beyond where we're at now... To many "FAIL" videos hitting the internet. Every negative aspect of these vehicles is now coming to light, all the down sides are seen in...

-- Initial cost of vehicle
-- Additional license fees
-- Higher insurance rates
-- Cost to upgrade home electrical systems to charge one
-- Lack of charging stations at various destinations
-- Lack of rapid charge stations in general
-- Replacement cost of batteries
-- Limited battery life
-- Constantly failing to meet estimated travel range
-- Having a very limited travel range
-- Extensive charging times, resulting in...
-- Substantially increased travel times
-- Cost of charging one on quick chargers
-- Fees for leaving it plugged in after charged
-- Having to replace tires every 2 - 3 thousand miles.

Couple that with the reality of brown outs experienced various places during the heat wave this summer and parts of Texas freezing down because of dependence on renewable energy that didn't work in severe cold weather not long ago, because they've shut down carbon fired power plants, and reports of Germany having to limit AC and hot water use, no street lights/yard lights, entire country being forced to go to bed when the sun goes down, businesses forced to limit services and close entirely because of lack of electricity, and everyone waking up to the fact that even if the carbon based power plants were up and running, THE ENTIRE ELECTRIC GRID, is not sized to support this already failed concept of millions of electric vehicles being charged at this time.

This is not to mention, once we graduate from cars into the insane concept of electric trucks, we have an already failed supply chain under this moron Democrat abomination. And, no one has explained how farmers are supposed to run combines and tractors 24 hours a day at harvest, 30 miles from home, in the middle of nowhere, with no way to shut them down to recharge them, even if they had any place to charge them, which they don't.

Their proposed elimination of the internal combustion engine is a pipe dream! It is entirely dependent upon society as a whole simply rolling over, and caving to the whims of a bunch of damn lunatics, while quietly allowing themselves to be vaccinated and starved to death. And, the lid is about ready to blow off that pot!!
Remember all those homes in Boulder county that went up in flames? They are now required to rebuild with a car charging station. But no one is doing anything about it.

From the deep dark recesses of my tormented mind

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Every bit of this is all a example of how totally clueless and disconnected from reality our gubernment is. Slo joe as our pseudo president needs to lead by example by sending his 67 Vette to the crusher and buying a EV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts