Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Official announcement from Ruger on their 1st Marlin release

4K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  Officer29 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks Scott for posting this. My wish for an 1894 44MAG 1:20 twist appears to be in the works and that is good news.

It doesn't surprise me they'll debut the 1895SBL first. What would be stellar is an 1894 44MAG SBL!

Jack

#3 ·
Thanks Scott for posting this. My wish for an 1894 44MAG 1:20 twist appears to be in the works and that is good news.

It doesn't surprise me they'll debut the 1895SBL first. What would be stellar is an 1894 44MAG SBL!

Jack
1894 SBL in 44 mag - yes sir, that would be something worth adding to my lineup!

#4 ·
Ruger has been hammer forging their barrels for the last few decades, so maybe that's the process being used for Marlin. We shall see.

I told my FFL bud in Nort Dakota to get me an 1894 in .44 Mag. He said he'd want one for himself, too. Gonna be a big year.

#9 ·
Regarding Ruger's price... I suspect prices will be high due to the incredible inflation we've suffered recently. Steel prices have soared and depending when manufactures contract price is up, their cost increase of steel will be significant. Already, I noted the GP 100 MSRP took a significant jump.

It is what it is, not Ruger's fault and the days of Marlin's being very affordable, are over. Then again, that applies to everything.

Jack

#14 ·
Regarding Ruger's price... I suspect prices will be high due to the incredible inflation we've suffered recently. Steel prices have soared and depending when manufactures contract price is up, their cost increase of steel will be significant. Already, I noted the GP 100 MSRP took a significant jump.

It is what it is, not Ruger's fault and the days of Marlin's being very affordable, are over. Then again, that applies to everything.

Jack
New Marlins are going cost, no two ways about it. Be happy Ruger bought them, I am.

#16 ·
This 2 minute video shows how Ruger barrels are made.

Jack

#18 ·
Great news!....I’d like to see them release it in a 44 flavor!.. just hope the price ain’t ridiculous.

#25 ·
Rob, for a definitive answer we'd need to contact Ruger. I tried to research the answer, no luck. I watched the barrel making video again which at the very end states the barrel is ready for machining at the next Ruger facility. Therefore, I suspect Ruger machines the chamber to their barrels. Otherwise, it would be a two piece barrel which we know isn't the case. Or, the mandrel contains the chamber as well? I can't imagine that though.

Of course, this isn't a conclusive answer so I may contact Ruger to attain an answer.

Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.