Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a NICE wood stock set for one of my Winchester Model 94's.
The stock I want has checkering and the 'pink eraser' buttpad.

I got two 94's in one week a couple of years ago; one was MY Dad's, and the other was my Step-Dad's.
It just happened that way. Both Men died years ago, but the rifles came my way in one week! :eek:

My MARLIN is a 1895 in .45-70.

So, I've brought up Winchesters and Big Bores in the wrong column, but figured somebody here would KNOW where to get the stuff!
Thanks, guys! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Links for good wood --- anybody? :wink:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think the silence is due to the "W" word you wrote about......

Anyway, Cabela's has some replacement wood stocks listed, Brownell's, might have something. Boyd's stocks might have something you'd like. There is or was a company called something like "Precision Gun Works", seems to me they were in Arizona and made custom wood for Marlins and "W's" I think they specialized in crescent butt conversion wood for the rifles to make them look more in style with the pre-1900 rifles.

Do a google search. See what comes up.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Are you looking for a factory stock set for your Winchester? Have you tried Gun Parts in NY?

Shum8

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured there were plenty of Winchester owners here on the Marlin forums. I imagine the Marlin owners are a little more open minded about 'brand loyalty' than the Winchester guys... :lol:
As I indicated, I 'inherited' both guns, so I'd like to keep them in the family.

Yes, I'd like to get a 'fancy' grade factory Winchester stock for my Dad's gun.
I had to have it refinished and repaired so it would function.
It was made circa '68-9 so the receiver turned out a really cool 'combat olive bronze' and the rest of the gun is matte black.
Added the 'Rifleman' large-loop lever and a No.2 tang site, plus a bbl. band with a swivel.
The wood is plain and needs a refinish, so I got a Ram-Line synthetic stock for now. It looks pretty wicked! :twisted:
It would look a lot better with nice, checkered wood, I think.

Anyway, I'll keep lookin'.
If you guys have any other links, let me know.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link, swany. 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found some pix of a Marlin in .375 Win. that has the type of stock I'm looking for, so I'll put them up here for reference only.
If I can find something like this, OK. If not, I've been offered the chance to have something made.
Thanks again for all the help.
:D
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=39621267

1 - 8 of 8 Posts