Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama?s New Plan To Take Guns Away - Patriot UpdatePatriot Update

President Barack Obama and his administration are doing everything they can to make another attempt to control ownership of guns and usurp the second amendment before he loses the Senate to the Republicans in the mid term November elections.

Believe it or not one possible back door approach to accomplish gun control and get around the second amendment is through Obamacare. Obama is currently hand picking a nominee for new surgeon general Dr. Vivek Hallegere Murthy who apparently agrees with his gun agenda.

Murthy is the president and founder of Doctors for America which reportedly started from an organization called Doctors for Obama in 2008. This group has strongly supported Medicaid expansion and the passage of Obamacare and pushed for expanding gun control laws in 2013.

It has been reported that the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee voted in favor of sending Murthy’s nomination to the Senate floor. The democratic controlled Senate could vote in favor of Murthy for surgeon general. This possibility recently raised a red flag to the National Rifle Association (NRA) and concerned American citizens.

Doctors for America successfully fought a proposed Florida law that would have prevented doctors from including in a person’s medical file whether they are a gun owner. It has been reported that Doctors for America feel guns are a public “health threat.” The group circulated a petition to pressure Congress to pass stricter gun laws.

Americans are concerned that as surgeon general, Murthy could persuade lawmakers into passing and enforcing health related gun control laws circumventing our second amendment constitutional rights. If that occurs doctors could someday face the reality of disclosing their gun owner patient names to the government. The next step could be the government dictating who the “health threats” are that own guns. They may be labeled and targeted.

If this comes to a vote in the U.S. Senate, take a close look at who voted for Murthy for surgeon general then vote that senator out of office in the 2014 or 2016 elections. They are against your individual freedoms and America.
-
Ray Vallorani

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Well, they start that crap and I'm gonna lie about everything but my medical symptoms; tell 'em I'm a habitual liar. Every time I fill out that stupid form I'm gonna have a new address, job, age, race, etc.; figure that one out doc. Then I'm gonna use those forms, and the entire staff as my witnesses, to get me a tax-free disability payment 'cause I'm a habitual liar; honest I am.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I have a retired US Army friend. Every trip to VA one question is " do you have thoughts of harming yourself or others". If you answer yes " some pimple faced kid" as he says will come take your guns as a mental health issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The sad part is the senate will stay with the dems the current republicans are to ******* stupid to sit back stick together and win some elections every time they gain steam they fight with each other
Now the dumb ***** are starting up to fight the debt ceiling again that fight is over there is nothing they can do till after elections
And that battle has cost them numbers every time

·
Registered
691 Posts
The problem will be someone else's big mouth can cause you to lose your guns.

For example, someone else who lives in your household (or is even just staying with you as a guest) visits the doctor. They answer in the affirmative to one of the 'red flag' questions so the doc asks, "Are there any guns in the house where you live?" and they answer "yes", even though none of the guns in the house belong to them......you'll probably get a "visit" from the Militarized Police nearest to you.

·
Premium Member
11,720 Posts
Florida did pass in a law a provision forbidding doctors asking questions about gun ownership. It was a federal judge that blocked the law from taking effect.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The problem will be someone else's big mouth can cause you to lose your guns.

For example, someone else who lives in your household (or is even just staying with you as a guest) visits the doctor. They answer in the affirmative to one of the 'red flag' questions so the doc asks, "Are there any guns in the house where you live?" and they answer "yes", even though none of the guns in the house belong to them......you'll probably get a "visit" from the Militarized Police nearest to you.
My family is well trained in that matter :flute:

But I agree 100%, the question should not be on there, another invasion of privacy to the highest extend.

Next question will be " how many light bulbs do you have in your house, and are they all energy efficient ?

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I have a retired US Army friend. Every trip to VA one question is " do you have thoughts of harming yourself or others". If you answer yes " some pimple faced kid" as he says will come take your guns as a mental health issue.
That question is for the PTSD questions. They have been asking that question for atleast 22 years that I know of. VA has never ask me if I own guns,. But then again, the answer would be either none of your business or a simple no. I would never lie about something as important as that.:biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts