Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by my LGS (Fall City Firearms) today to see what they had on the rack. This shop has 4 octagon barreled Marlin's that have been there far to long. Seriously people you need to snatch these up so they are not tempting me.

Marlin 1894 Cowboy .44 mag - 24" Octagon Barrel - JM stamped - no checkering - $795 IIRC
Marlin 1894 .45LC - Octagon Barrel - JM Stamped - $695 IIRC
Marlin 1894 Ducks Unlimited 32-20 Octagon Barrel - Original box included (was in a case in the corner so I didn't hold it) Just under $600
The 4th one was old .22LR with Octagonal Barrel. Looked old, no bluing on receiver. pushing close to $900

The 44mag was from the same estate sale where I score these beauties last month. It was in excellent well cared for condition. The 45LC had a few nicks on the stock but the metal appeared in good condition but I didn't inspect them closely. The others were in locked side cases and I didn't ask to see them. The wife was waiting in the car and she just finished her first half marathon, didn't wanna press my luck. :ahhhhh:
This was only my 3rd time in the shop so I don't know if they ship out of state, but I know there's a few Washington folks in here.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Wouldn't think they'd last long at those prices.

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Dang, and I was though there a few weeks ago otw to the sunny side

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Fall City Firearms is a vortex of good firearm stuff. I love the place and stop in there every week. The "old one" mentioned in the OP was manufactured in the 1890's and is really gorgeous. Been there a couple months now.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I wonder if AlaskaDawg snatched up the 32-20 since he PM'd me about it. :hmmmm:

Jonny am I wrecking your game plan by posting the good stuff?

If I didn't have the Lone star Edition Sig226 on layaway I would take that 44mag home to match my .357. :biggrin:

Reactions: Jonny V

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
I'm glad I'm not anywhere near there! Or I'd buy at least one of them! I love my octagon bbl'd Marlins!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I wonder if AlaskaDawg snatched up the 32-20 since he PM'd me about it. :hmmmm:

Jonny am I wrecking your game plan by posting the good stuff?

If I didn't have the Lone star Edition Sig226 on layaway I would take that 44mag home to match my .357. :biggrin:
No yer not cramping my style any....I support Lee and his store all I can.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

Well boys and girls,

The 32-20 Marlin 1894 is gone. And, of course, that was the only one that I was interested in.

Thanks for posting, rklaver. [/QUOT

Well Jim, you are one lucky man!! Had I seen this post before you, I would have bought it and then my Marlin 1894 Limited Edition 32-20 would have gone on the sale block. There is just something about the octagon barrel that makes a rifle look classy.
I know you will enjoy it.

Jack

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Hey Coyote222......the owner of Fall City Firearms (Lee) is a great guy. Former Sheriff's Deputy (store helper Jim as well) and he's got a soft spot for levers, single actions, 1911's, and S&W wheel guns......No website mind you, but the number is 425-222-3844. He'll work to get you what you want. "Salt of the Earth" guy.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts