Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third .22-250 I have owned. I have had the rifle for about 2 weeks but had not shot it until just now (waiting on scope and rings to arrive).

I went out to the range and shot in at least a 30 mile per hour wind.

Overall I was quite pleased. Once I got it shooting where I wanted it, it put three shots in well under an inch. In testing a rifle for hunting accuracy, I seldom shoot more than three shots because, well, if it takes more than that, I'm in trouble.

What I wasn't so pleased with is how unpredictably the rounds fed from the magazine, and also that the bolt was very hard to close. Also the trigger pull was set way to high for my taste. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but I bet it was close to 5 lbs.

I'm no gunsmith, so short of taking it to a gunsmith - any ideas on helping the "hard closing" bolt, and improving the cartridge feed from the magazine?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to MO,

First are shooting factory loads or handloads?
and
second
If you are shooting well under an inch in a 30 mile wind, thats good shootin
third,
the triggers are easy to adjust, just follow the instructions in the manual.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had the same issue . Hard to load from the Mag . Don't waste your time , just send it back . It is an easy fix and being a new gun your covered by Marlin.
Mine loads like butter now . Got he same gun.
Happy

·
Registered
440 Posts
I do not think it went directly to Marlin , rather an agent for Marlin . The whole thing was supervised by the gun dealer here in Canada . The gun was back in four weeks .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts