Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i bought a full side of cow, 337 pounds, and had it butchered up, almost filled a 20cf freezer.

they labelled these "t-bones"

i've seen smaller porterhouses...

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Thems looks like some purty nice T-Bones you got there!

·
Registered
549 Posts
MacGregor said:
so, i bought a full side of cow, 337 pounds, and had it butchered up, almost filled a 20cf freezer.

they labelled these "T Rex-bones"

i've seen smaller porterhouses...
fixed it fer ya....

·
Super Moderator
15,837 Posts
That takes care of the mid day snack, ;D What's for supper? ;) ;) Oh ...........them look like about a 3 pack of beer before they get to the table, How else you going to time the cooking? ;D ;D Mr fixit

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
MacGregor,
There oughta be a law against pictures like those. Especially the cooked ones. I didn't mind the raw ones, but those cooked pix had me packing my knife and fork and trying to find out where you lived!
John

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Thay'd be Texas T bones, right? :p

Mark.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
mr fixit said:
We most definitely need a drooling smiley face! ;D ;D Mr fixit

Reactions: Mr Fixit

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats what I call dinner. 8)

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
:eek: Lordy ! Looks like some of them steaks ol Fred Flintstone liked to grill up! ;) ;D

I need a sammich............................

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
If you don't know...

What makes a Porterhouse is not the size of the entire steak. It is the size of the tenderloin that qualifies the steak as a Porterhouse. The standard is something like 2 1/4" or bigger is a Porterhouse, anything smaller is a Tbone.

Silly little fun fact.
micky

edit - I would have chosen a different word than "obnoxiously"; ex. "delightfully" "wonderfully" "excitingly"

·
Premium Member
5,418 Posts

Reactions: Mr Fixit

·
Registered
76 Posts
When in Italy last month, Florence specifically, they served a dish called Bistek ala Florintine. It was a massive T-Bone (alledgely from an Ox) simply seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper. They then cook it in a hot cast iron skillet to Rare/medium rare (don't ask them to cook it more...they wont). Those steaks of yours are of similar size to the ones I saw across the pond. BTW they were fabulous!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts