1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
27,404 Posts
Yeah, there ya go, be good unarmed witnesses providing you live to be one.

There is a serious mental illness affecting a lot of folks in America these days. The Oakland Police Chief being a prime example.

So much for your oath meaning to uphold constitutional law. Lie and cheat your way into an authoritarian position. We don't need to be concerned providing our own self defense, just call the police, hide, and cross your fingers.

Not gonna happen.

Jack

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I wonder if he'll want that watch and do nothing approach if his wife, daughter or son are being attacked. What he doesn't realize is that some one who being attacked is a wife, a daughter or son of someone else. He wants you to do nothing? I don't think so. What a POS.

·
Super Moderator
9,018 Posts
Yeah, there ya go, be good unarmed witnesses providing you live to be one.

There is a serious mental illness affecting a lot of folks in America these days. The Oakland Police Chief being a prime example.

So much for your oath meaning to uphold constitutional law. Lie and cheat your way into an authoritarian position. We don't need to be concerned providing our own self defense, just call the police, hide, and cross your fingers.

Not gonna happen.

Jack
All of the city officials who believe in what the Chief said and subscribe to that philosophy should boldly campaign for office on that stance. See how much support they get for letting criminals get away with crime and then arresting a citizen who fended off potential bodily harm while the police were nowhere to be found. Should be widely covered by the news.
I agree that this is some kind of delusional mental illness or inability to understand the basic relationship of cause and effect ( that lax enforcement causes more crime or lack of support for self defense leads to increase in fatal outcomes). Mind boggling for me coming from a pistol instructors perspective.

·
Super Moderator
9,018 Posts
I wonder if he'll want that watch and do nothing approach if his wife, daughter or son are being attacked. What he doesn't realize is that some one who being attacked is a wife, a daughter or son of someone else. He wants you to do nothing? I don't think so. What a POS.
The fact that the Chief made a public statement covered by the local news and obviously supported by Gubberment officials demonstrates that the administration is clueless and not in touch with reality even from a "Common sense" perspective. I would quite honestly petition him to resign just on the basis of not promoting sound "Public Safety" policy. Citizens should really look at recalls on those that refuse to do their jobs and honor their oath to protect citizens.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
What the Oakland popo wants, is to dictate behavior to people. Dictate!

One who dictates is a ???????

There's a joke in there somewhere about " tiny taters", but I'll leave that up to the imagination.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Some cities are still sticking to their approach of less policing. Minneapolis just on a more low key level put some funding back in based on community "feedback". A bit off topic but similar thought. Witnesses are great if they talk! Witnesses are after the fact.

·
Super Moderator
9,018 Posts
Police departments having a hard time filling open positions. Maybe it's the recent lack of support shown for LE by Dem run cities :

Reactions: Citizen John

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
Sounds like the Chief walks around with his head up his arse...MUST be a demoncRAT! AND I would have to tell him to KMA as ar as protectin’ myself/family too! I wonder if HE carries a gun? Probably wouldn’t know what to do with it or have the stones if he needed to! Cops (as a profession nowadays) aren’t there to ‘Protect and serve’ anymore, they’re there to get witness names and put a yellow bag over you! If you don’t believe it, ask the SCOTUS! This cop should be shown the door by the people of Oakland, but we know he won’t be!

·
Super Moderator
9,018 Posts
What they're really doing here is making sure the bad guys kill witnesses.
That philosophy follows when you consider that Kamala was raising funds to bail out BLM\Antifa folks that were arrested for violent actions. In cases where the city was blue run the AG just dropped the charges and released them. In others where they would still have a court hearing having NO witness is grounds for automatic case dismissal even if the charge is murder.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
if a thug tries to molest me in any way and dose run off he can be identified by the holes in his body leaking blood, how's that?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Armed citizens should observe and report violent attacks, rather than try to defend themselves or other innocent victims, according to Oakland Police Chief LeRonne Armstrong. The chief’s statement came during a briefing on the arrest of a business owner in Oakland, California’s Chinatown earlier this week. ...- Cam Edwards

Read more: Oakland Police Chief Wants "Good Witnesses," Not Armed Citizens – Bearing Arms
If you aren't an "armed citizen"....you can quickly become the "next victim"--I'd rather be the armed citizen who helps the surviving victim fill out the report about the deceased attacker. That way we both win.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
If - I watched him do it, and he got away, but I survived to tell the story makes a good witness

What's wrong with - I watched him do it... so I shot him! I survived to tell the story, and there he is right there, now take him away - Does that really make for a bad witness?

:unsure: 🤷‍♀️ I don't get it.....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts