Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find out as much as I can about my model 99C ser# has it as 1976. The stock has oak leaf pattern on grip and forearm, but I cannot find any 99C's that have that pattern they all seem to have squirrels if anything. Could this one have been restocked from a house brand of some kind like Glenfield? What I would like to find out is who did Marlin make the oak leaf stock for and when did the produce it?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I believe they made the Oak Leaf and Squirrel stocks just for Marlin and Glenfield rifles, many will buy a used stock and do a switch, many are listed on e-bay all the time. Just google search, lots of 99C's on Guns America and other sites with Oak Leaf stocks, I just searched it.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I have a pair of '76 Glenfield 60s. One with Squirrel, one with Oak Leaf. The Oak Leaf was fairly common in that era.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Only 99C's I've seen all had original Oak Leaf stocks, I've only seen Squirrel stocks on 60's, but thats just me, doesn't me they didn't come either way.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I thought only the discount house Glenfields were squirrel burn stamped and the straight Marlins had the oaks.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I thought only the discount house Glenfields were squirrel burn stamped and the straight Marlins had the oaks.
The one pictured above is actually the second oak leaf stocked Glenfield 60 I've owned.

Here's another pair of '76 Glenfields one squirrel, one oak, from an Armslist ad

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
……..so what have we learned. The possibilities are endless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts