Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for Oregon Arms Collectors annual single shot rifle, and single action pistol show! A great time will be had for all, and plenty of neat guns for display, trade or sale! Don't miss it, if you live in the Pacific NW! Sunday only 7:00AM to Noon!
See you there!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tommorrow's the big day! Got my display ready to go, and anxiously waiting for morning! :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sounds great! What are you putting on display? Do you see any antique loading tools there? Way back when, I would think think that the true single shot enthusiast would have a good loading outfit to make tailored loads, same as today, just different equipment. I have a nice Ideal No. 6 tool marked 38-55 M. The mold is perfect and the hinge is tight. Unfortunately, I am missing the decapping pin.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I see antique reloading tools there. I have a couple dozen of the old Ideal, Winchester and Marlin loading tools, plus a few Ballard tools. Of all the Ideals, I think only 3 have the decapping pins. It's more common for them to be missing, but they're easy to make, I just need to get off my rear, and get busy on the lathe!
My display will be 5 Ballards, 4-1885 Win., 3-Stevens 44 1/2, and 2-Stevens 44's, Rem Hepburn, two Rolling Blocks, a Steyr made 1880 Martini Henry, two small framed Martinis, a Comblain, a Pieper, a Aydt Schuetzen, a Hopkins and Allen .38XL Shotgun, and various antique tools, and ammo. Three of the Stevens, and one of the Ballards are also Schuetzen models.

·
Registered
394 Posts
How was the show? Do you see a big turn-out? Anything enticing for sale?

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The show was great! The turnout was also great! I think we had two empty tables, which were reserved, but the people didn't make it for some reason.
Lots of great single shots, and single actions too. Saw some really great old guns on display. One fella brought his display of Stevens singles, mostly 44's and 44 1/2's. Another guy brought out a number of nice schuetzen rifles, and his cowboy action outfits of SAA clones.
I saw a few small single shot Remington #4 and #6 for sale that were tempting, but I've got too many .22's now. Also saw a Martini Henry conversion from .450-577 to .303 British, and made into a carbine. Guy wanted $500 for it. He also had a Swede Roller, arsenal refinish in the Swede equivalent of .45-70, and wanted $500 for it too, but said he'd take a bit less. I was interested, but couldn't get him down where it needed to be for a friend.
I did have a guy bring in 25 rounds of .44-77 Sharps for my new Roller, so I'm closer to getting it shooting! Still need to order the C&H dies, and RCBS bullet mold, and then I'm set. Those two will set me back about $190, so I'm holding off, hoping for someone's used dies and mold.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi MM93

Those .44-77SBN dies are hard to come by on the used market. I tried for quite awhile and just missed the only set I came across. Finally bought the C&H dies. Parley

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Parley. I figure I'll have to breakdown and buy new, but thought I'd give it a try anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts