Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be a very interesting show, for those of us who enjoy the guns of the Old West! Our theme this month is, Guns of the Old West!
Lots of great old pistols and rifles for sale, trade, or just displays to enjoy! Don't miss it, and come early, as we open the doors at 7:00AM!
Oregon Arms Collectors is in Portland, Oregon, so if you're in the area stop by and say hello! 5-22-05
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll put my camera with my gun show box, so I wont forget this time!

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Four-Eyed Buck said:
Do I hear the magnet humming?............Buck 8) :roll: :shock: :wink:
So THAT"S why my lights have seemed somewhat dim these last few days........I thought it was a local brownout.

·
Registered
719 Posts
hehehe.......

but ah! i have secretly 'tuned' the maganet for a time/spacial displacement transferance anomoly. as soon as the said gun is within range of the 'magnet', it places it into a warp of space, creating a 'wormhole' effect to deposit it into my gunsafe.........i just wish mm93 would quit storeing the 'magnet' next to his breadbox.....i can't eat any more of this dang wheat bread his wife buys!!! :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did that 1886 Winchester in .40-82 show up at your place yet, Kaintuck? :shock: I passed on it at $800, but turned up the power, so it should have gone to Tennessee with no problems! It was a decent enough gun, with good wood, but some knucklehead had reblued it years ago, and decided the receiver needed bluing too! I'd guess from looking at it, it was a nice gun before they wrecked it! Bore was super nice, and it would have been a nice shooter, but not much money left in it at the price of $800.
I did score a couple great buys, on a smaller scale! Got 7 boxes of the old Imperial brand .38-55, and one box of Dominion, for $5 each! Unfortunately all but two are jacketed soft points. But I'll shoot them in one of my smokeless barreled 1893's, and then reload with cast.
Also picked up a very early Mossberg scope, with Edwards 10x adapter! A very rare and nice adapter, on a great old scope! These old Edwards adapters were only made a short time in the early 1950's, and this is the first one I've been able to find! The Mossberg scope is about 14" long, and with the adapter, the whole scope is over 25" long! It will look great on an old single shot rifle!

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Various Savage 99 variations

Ballards #4 & #5 in .45-70, Rem Black Hills model in .44 Sharps BN, Whitney .44-40,

1893 Deluxe .38-55, 1895 .45-70, 1881 .38-55, 1881 .45-70

1893 .38-55 "for Black Powder", 1894 .44-40, 1894 SRC .38-40, 1889 Deluxe .38-40

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Marlinman93,
After looking at those great looking rifles you and your bud (J) had setup. Are you guys sure that (1) of those 81's weren't mine. I was thinking that I had one someplace and can't find it!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you could point me in the direction of where it is? Really nice looking collection of Savage&Marlins.

SpikeMaster49 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
719 Posts
what????????

mm93....you must of got close to that dang savage table....one of those 99's with the cresant buttplate IS in the safe!!!! :shock:

*twilight music* do do do~ a Trip thru time and space....to the doorway leading to the TWILIGHT ZONE>......do do doo do~~~~

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Must have been while I was fondling them, and my friend was away! I could have sworn there was only four there all the time! he says there was five, but I don't know what happened to one of them! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts