Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great show this morning! Picked up a couple of first generation Ideal 310 loading tools in the old tan box, with yellow label. One is a common .30-06, but the other is a rare old .45 ARP (auto rim pistol) marked tool. Both very nice, and complete with instructions!
Also got a mold for my #1 Remington in .44 SBN! Very happy to find this one, as I've been debating ordering a new one, and they're $55, without handles! Got a 290 grain, hollow base nose pour mold for a mere $10, with handles! What a find!
Also picked up a nice old Stevens Favorite in .22 LR, with 7 o'clock extractor in good shape, for only $75! It's a bit brown, but great wood, and a great bore. It'll make a good gun someday for my grandaughter.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Good find on the Stevens! Now you will have to do some casting. Just did a bit of that myself. Preppy daughter asked why I did not simply buy the bullets I needed instead of perspiring over a lead pot.

Ah, but if I only could! :wink: But then I would be taking chances of some outfit not culling their shabby cast boolets! SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And you couldn't buy preppy near as many new outfits!
Yep, I'm planning on doing some reloading this weekend. Got another all day class Saturday, and my partner said we ought to take the pot and molds to class, but I thought the instructor might catch us in the back casting .44's! I'm pretty excited about getting a hollow base nose pour, as they usually give me much better sealing in the bore. They allow for fairly large variances in bore diameter, although the Roller seems to be a great bore.
Guess I'll have to wait until after class Sat. or after church Sun.!

·
Registered
719 Posts
44sbn........

:cry: i feel bad for you!....all that hot molding....extra time involved with rolling the loads, and carrying the heavy rifle around....better let me take care of it for you....you know the address~ :p
i will send you swisser and 2 cats to replace it! :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife has cats, none for me thanks! :wink:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Kaintuck,
My wife also has like 4 of those feline species but for sure I've never seen her bring this typr around her and please don't send (1) of these kind any time soon or I'll be looking for a home also!!!!!!!! By the way,how often do ya gotta feed one of those creatures? LOL LOL

SpikeMaster49 :oops: :lol: 8) :oops: :lol: 8) :oops: :lol: 8)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Geez, Kaintuck, you sure know how to get someone's attention! Wild girls are nice, especially Jennifer Odell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts