Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sigh! Just another case of bad timing- me with an expired F.A.C., and even less cash....

Guess what shows up....

A Win 63 in excellent shape with a strange 7/8" tube Weaver on it for 400 Cdn smackers.....

A round barrel Rem 12 pump that hasn't been messed with, incl original peep, and a 121- both at 175 bucks each.....

A Pedersoli Kentucky rifle replica in .58 cal- light as a feather, and excellent sights for 150 bucks....

A White Mountain carbine, again in .58 cal, for 250.00

I think it would be easy for a character like me to get involved in front stuffers, with all the repro's around with brass patch boxes and oct bbls....

Did get some scope base screws, and some Blue Wonder bore cleaner, so the mornin warn't a total wash. Sigh again.....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
That's how life works - when the cash is low, the good stuff comes out of the closet. Kinda like the monster buck waltzing in front of you when you are leaving the hunting area and the gun has been put in the case. SW

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
My condolences Doc! But like I always say, even a bad gun show is better than going to work! :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uncle Big Trouble Mike said:
Doc,
Pardon my ignorance but what is a F.A.C.
F.A.C.= Firearms Acquisition Certificate. It's now called a Possesion and Acquisition Licence ( P.A.L. for acronym )

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Doc,
Is that a lot of hassle to get? Here in PA if you want a carry permit you go to the sheriff, fill out a form, go back in three weeks give them $19 let take your picture and walk out with a license good for 5 years.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
UBTM,
Their PAL is not anything like our CCW permit. It is basically an approval to purchase and own a gun. Not to carry it concealed. Oregon is much like Pa. in it is just a formality to get a carry permit. If you have no criminal record, just pay your money, wait for the background check, and then go pick it up.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I hope that it never comes to that in the U.S. Doc, I really feel your pain now, having a bunch of bureacrates decide if your fit to own a gun. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts