Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Riflemen-I have a few picture of the river I often fish that has been blown (rained) out of shape recently. It screws up fishing to begin with but in the end helps it generally. I hope ANNABELLE approves of a few posted pictures here. I like this hangout and may post a picture here now and again if she doesn't object.

This stream is normally just a foot wide. during storms the steelhead swim in huge schools up these tributaries. they hang around until the water drops to very low levels. They then build a gravel nest and spawn and haul butt to the main river before they get caught in the shallow water. The small 1'2" fingerlings hatch and gradually swim down to the river and into the ocean a year away. If they don't become part of the food chain they eat and grow in the ocean and eventually return to the exact tributary and even the same little pool they were born in. It is an impossible cycle by the odds but is completed enough to sustain their populations.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Riflemen-Wrong button as there are more pics. to follow.

This picture gives some idea of how dense the country is that us guys in the NW hunt. ttt, Bear 45/70, etc.

The brush is supposed to be out of the water.

The damn is close to max. capacity.

For GJ.

Life is good. More to come if you wish, BestLever

·
Registered
670 Posts
PICS

It is quite alright to post some pictures here, BL. A few of yours were rather large and blurry, but if we could all try to keep the size under control, that'd be great. I really think it's great to tell a little about the picture like you did; that way we can learn more about our online friends and what their part of the world looks like. I enjoy seeing them and I even have a folder that I keep them in.

Annabelle

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello ANNABELLE-Great-I'll try to do a better job on the photography. and I'll size them down a bit. I enjoy explaining a bit about the photo as it gives my reason for taking the picture. thanks ANNABELLE-you have no idea how nice that is spelling out your name again. Life is good, BestLever

1 - 4 of 4 Posts