Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to be the ugliest critter I have had the displeasure to own. They called me from the shop and said they had a beautiful 03 for me and this is what I got. 03 action and m-1 garand stock and about 3 lbs of acrglass to fill the openings. I should be charging admission to see it and providing glasses. It is a 1941 action and 4 groove barrel and will make a great Sedgley sporter. moodyholler

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dang!!!!!that brings tears to my eyes,,how could anything but SOOOOoo uggly??You oughta deep six that stock ASAP.. That forend cap and grip cap really send it off into outerspace..Nice that you will be able to save the GOOD PARTS..modoc

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Them guys at the shop rhought they had me and the owner being the cool guy he is, sold it to me for 125.00 and I am tickled! Should be a good shooter. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I don't think you did too bad moodyholler! Haven't I seen Springfield stocks offered for sale lately, maybe Cheaper than Dirt. I think I've seen them anyway. For me I think you should take it back to military spec. What do you think????

Geoff

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geoff, if I can find a good barrel I will and otherwise it will become a sedgley sporter. I just traded my 1922 M-2 for an 1889 Marlin and I wish it was like the 1922. I think they called it a sporter. JAP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts