Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good recommendations for hunting on NYS public land for turkey? I usually go on private land but I wanted to try public land, and an area I had in mind is closed off for the time being.

I'm from Brooklyn so southern NY would be ideal, I've been to Stewart State Forest and that was a little too densely populated for my liking last time.

All suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
22,675 Posts
I live near Otisville ny. not far from me is Westbrookville ny. check maps at the end of Skinner road there is a very small parking spot. its a back access to THOUSANDS of acres! the road is rough at the end so you will need a truck of a car that has high road clearence. second outside Wurtsboro ny there is a large track of state land. you can park by a VFW off old rt 17 . or off RT 209 on Ferguson road you will see a yellow gate ( not the D&H Canal park) I have see turkeys at both ends. some hang out up the MT behind the VFW.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Reactions: 94win30wcf

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live near Otisville ny. not far from me is Westbrookville ny. check maps at the end of Skinner road there is a very small parking spot. its a back access to THOUSANDS of acres! the road is rough at the end so you will need a truck of a car that has high road clearence. second outside Wurtsboro ny there is a large track of state land. you can park by a VFW off old rt 17 . or off RT 209 on Ferguson road you will see a yellow gate ( not the D&H Canal park) I have see turkeys at both ends. some hang out up the MT behind the VFW.
I'm looking at the Skinner road location now, is that private land? I wouldn't want to end up on someone's private property, that sounds like a ticket into a bad time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts