Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I found a dang nice Marlin 336 35 Remington today. Bore looked great, wood was really nice, gun looked to have been taken care of nicely, and the action was butter smooth. It had a decent scope on it even. It was just a real nice gun. Best thing was, I got it for $335. :congrats: I'm really excited and feeling lucky. I'm having problems downloading pics so, I just decided to tell you about it until I figure out this new 'puter. As soon as I do, I'll get up some eye candy for all to enjoy. I really stumbled into this one. I guess it does pay to check even though you think you got it all figured out. My collection of Marlins is getting Bigger! :biggrin: I'm really blessed.

BTW, there was a 336 30/30 in as good as or better condition for $285, scope and all. So, if anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with the guy who has it. God Bless

Pic added. ARRRGGHHHHHHH! I don't now how to flip it on this phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
NICE find.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
The 35 is a fine rifle got two for now.
Decided that no 30-30 just the fun calibers.
Aint no fun if you do not have to hunt for the ammo to go hunt the animals with like double your pleasure double your fun.

Reactions: Colonel26

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats, I think you did well. Gotta' love those .35 rems... :biggrin:

Reactions: WV Mountaineer

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been fortunate on the Ammo. I have 5 boxes of Remington core-lokts, 2 boxes of LVR, and 1 box of power points, all 200 grain'ers. 6 pounds of LVR powder, another 400 pieces of brass, about 500 ftx's and, adding more as I find them. When I find a good'un, I have been blessed to prepare accordingly for my grand kids benefits. And there is non better than the 35 Remington for WV deer hunting. I wish everyone the best in doing the same. And by all means guys, if you aren't stuffing them yourself, get the gear and the tools to do so and get out from under the dang shortages. God Bless

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats WV, sounds like your good to go. I love my 81' .35 and hope to pass it down as well. Bought a second one this spring a 71' and hope it shoots as good as the 81'. Good hunting

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fellas, I tried to load up a pic from this dang computer for days. It is beyond my abilities. So, I took one with the phone. I couldn't figure out how to rotate it so, you'll have to turn your head to look at it. It is a beaut for sure. I'm so lucky and Blessed.

BTW, I went back this evening to drop off some things and stuck my foot in my mouth. I said, "You know, you gave me such a good deal on that 35, I'd buy another if you had it." He excused himself and brought out a 336 35 Remington in almost as good as shape. A really good gun. Scope and all, $315. Boy's if your looking, drop me a pm. I'll put you in touch with him, as I craw fished, afraid of explaining to my wife twice in three days, why I bought another gun. They aren't stolen either as he is a gun dealer that has to register them. He has a ffl and will mail. Please, somebody get this gun before I cave. God Bless

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Now that is tempting. Where in WV? It's not far for me.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Looks like a good one made in the late 40's or in the 50's with a stand-alone front site and a really nice set of walnut stocks.......my favorite Marlin production years. You did way better than just good...you did great!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts