Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
The $15.00 fee is in lieu of buying books and the scores can be added now by electronic transfer. Also keeps up with your entrees toward a Grand Slam. It can be paid using the NRA Competitor Portal.

So, as I see it. No additional money required. Not a "grab" by the NRA for additional pennies. Easier and faster with less paper for the match directors/workers.

IMO... The NRA works and if you don't believe that look at how the mainstream media hates and fears them. I'm going to pay my few dollars and be extremely happy that somebody with a political voice is standing up for my rights as a gun owner, shooter and enthusiastic believer in the 2nd Amendment.

Please don't listen to the naysayers trying to poison pill the NRA with unsubstantiated crap about malfeasance within the NRA. Stand united or kiss your guns goodbye.

Just my .02 with no disrespect meant to or directed at anyone here on this gathering of gun lovers and shooting enthusiasts.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Kinda made me leery when I heard Wayne wanted to buy a 5 million dollar house in Texas, I mean, the NRA is his only "job" as I know of, which means if he buys a 5 million dollar house, the money is coming from the NRA, as they say, do the math!! T Rex

·
Registered
203 Posts
The NRA has stopped calling me. I paid my dues and joined as a life member back when Obama got elected, i think it was $1,000 USD at the time. Every once in a while I'd get a call from the NRA asking me for money. I'd give what I could, anything to help the cause. Then I got on their list of suckers... man the phone ringing off the hook... the constant junk mail coming to my house and email address.

The straw that finally broke this camel's back was when I started receiving a near constant stream of recruting packages.... Join the NRA for 25% off the yearly rate. Well, that doesn't make sense, as I am already a life member. So I call the NRA and remind them that I am a Life Member and ask that they don't waste scarce resources on sending me more membership packages. Needless to say I kept getting membership packages, so I stopped giving them money as they are obviously wasting the membership's donations with a silly matter like having membership talking to the darn mailroom.

Now when they call for money, how generous I am depends on how many membership packages I get in the mail. Lately, I've been telling them to pound sand. I'll give my money to VDCL, or GOA... they haven't annoyed me yet.

Where's Charlton Heston when you need him?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts