Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I did not miss this in a previous posting...Per the 2018 rules change its
NRA Lever Action Silhouette

(3.1.3) The name “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” shall be changed throughout the rule book to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” (dropping the word ‘Cowboy’).
(3.1.3.1) “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette” shall be changed to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle.”
(3.1.3.2) “Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette” shall be changed to “Pistol Cartridge Lever Action Silhouette Rifle.”
(3.1.3.3) “Smallbore Cowboy Rifle Silhouette” shall be changed to ‘Smallbore Cowboy Silhouette Rifle’”.
These changes are name changes only and shall not reset National Records. The spirit of this motion is to disambiguate the family of Lever Action Silhouette from other sports while encouraging broader participation.

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
The name “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” shall be changed throughout the rule book to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle”. Just think of all the ink that will save.

"disambiguate"? I didn't know that was a real word.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I guess the word "Cowboy" is not liked by some people. It designates a male, right?

When I worked for the power company, I was a lineman. Then all of a sudden my title was changed to "lineworker".

DRSLYR

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I guess the word "Cowboy" is not liked by some people. It designates a male, right?

When I worked for the power company, I was a lineman. Then all of a sudden my title was changed to "lineworker".

DRSLYR
Interesting. I too became a line worker. I still haven't ran across any women line workers or persons or whatever they are called. Haven't ran across any other folks who may have come out of the closet either.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
) “Smallbore Cowboy Rifle Silhouette” shall be changed to ‘Smallbore Cowboy Silhouette Rifle’”.
??????????

This will all make sense when you realize that you will no longer be shooting silhouettes with a small bore Cowboy lever action rifle but will now be shooting silhouettes of Cowboys with a small bore lever action rifle of any make/model..... Maybe they bought a bunch of them yard ornaments of cowboys leaning up against the rail post or barn or whatever and don't know what else to do with 'em all since everybody seemingly already has one (or two) in their yard. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I hope I did not miss this in a previous posting...Per the 2018 rules change its
NRA Lever Action Silhouette

(3.1.3) The name “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” shall be changed throughout the rule book to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle” (dropping the word ‘Cowboy’).
(3.1.3.1) “Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette” shall be changed to “Lever Action Silhouette Rifle.”
(3.1.3.2) “Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette” shall be changed to “Pistol Cartridge Lever Action Silhouette Rifle.”
(3.1.3.3) “Smallbore Cowboy Rifle Silhouette” shall be changed to ‘Smallbore Cowboy Silhouette Rifle’”.
These changes are name changes only and shall not reset National Records. The spirit of this motion is to disambiguate the family of Lever Action Silhouette from other sports while encouraging broader participation.
Not bad, helps clear up confusion with the Cowboy Action club activities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts