Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anna,

A bunch of us ole huntin'/shootin' compadres lost our camp and found ourselves looking for a place to get together once in awhile, hunt, and shoot the fat about our lifelong, wholesome pasttime. A most kind and generous fellow, I believe his name was Larry, donated a place and established this camp just for us out of the goodness of his heart. What a gracious gesture! And, oh how grateful we were. We spent days and days, neigh months, in gentlemanly, courteous and respectful comraderie. Naturally, once in awhile, somebody would get out of line or say something disrespectful but things would get straightened out in short order and everybody would resume their enjoyment of the common interest. Larry would show up from time to time to add to the conversation and make sure the camp members were behaving. For the most part, it was a great escape from the rigors of making a living. And everybody knew what topics were our common interests and the reason for the camp's existence. Those who sought camp life for other purposes joined other camps down the road and all was well.

One day, a few newcomers arrived at the camp out of nowhere and helped themselves to the bounties of the camp. Nobody thought much of this as the membership was widespread and grew to everyone's enjoyment. Even generous ole Larry welcomed newcomers. But the newcomers immediately used the camp for reasons that had nothing to do with hunting, shooting or the brotherhood of the shooting sports. When asked to conform with the established tennets of the camp, the newcomers flaunted their defiance and ridiculed the long-term camp members. Soon the camp roster showed fewer and fewer original camp members showing up for meetings and the roster was used only by the handful of newcomers to register their mutual congratulations of conquest over, and continued ridicule of, the original camp members. Most of the camp members, being peaceful folk, just drifted away and left the camp preferring to surrender a valued commodity rather than enter a fight to keep it.

There are still a few camp members watching from the sidelines and yearning for the good old days. Anna, unless and until Larry retakes the reigns of his domain, what can we do? The idea of handing over the keys to our camp of good and wholesome comraderie with fine friends for somebody to defile and degrade and ridicule the very core of our honorable common interest is like accepting a daytime home invasion without giving opposition. What are we to do Anna?

·
Registered
729 Posts
You said it better than I ever could 41 Retro.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Excuse me?

This particular forum has nothing to do with hunting and/or fishing. Of course we would never go into one of the serious forums post a bunch of silly stuff. And:

When asked to conform with the established tennets of the camp,
So when was that? We didn't violate any rules here and no one asked us to conform with any tenets. I have never received ANY communication from Larry regarding anything I have ever posted.

Sorry to think we're out to ruin your board, we aren't. And keep in mind that message boards change just like everything else.

And please:

The idea of handing over the keys to our camp of good and wholesome comraderie with fine friends for somebody to defile and degrade and ridicule the very core of our honorable common interest is like accepting a daytime home invasion without giving opposition.
That isn't our intention here. I think you're over reacting.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anna, where are you. The camp really needs the touch of a classy lady to return it to respectability and a fit place to bring young outdoors people.
Some other camps have been purging their roles and squatters are showing up on doorsteps. Passed the camp and saw through the open window that the walls have been painted red and the gunracks contemptuosly filled with squirtguns. Almost enough to make you think that some people believe the words, "Marlin Owners" refer to possessing mounted specimens of large saltwater fish instead of connoisseurs of a make of firearm. Now mayby Larry will return to maintain his property.

G

·
Retro, I think you're trying to start a fight. And the behavior of Wizard, with his name callling thread, is something you should consider when making allegations concerning places fit to bring young outdoors people.

G

·
I would never fill a gunrack with squirt guns. That would look tacky :wink: That is why we added that nice little curio cabinet. So we could display our squirt guns in style.

And believe me, I know exactly what a Marlin firearm is . I own one myself.
However, this particular forum is not intended for firearm discussion, so I will not go into that in here.

Retro, We are not here to cause trouble. And we have stayed within the rules, as far as I know. So just sit back and enjoy having some gorgeous ladies in your lodge. Ok? :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
What to do?

Retro,
Red is right.....my forum is not to discuss guns, but I get the gist of what you're saying and I think she does, too. They can't take over...Larry owns the land that the camp's on and he can ban them. Just sit tight and hopefully everybody will "cool their jets".

Annabelle

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes, he can ban us, and he might do so if some of you whine to him enough. I feel sorry for him, having a bunch of adults bawling over a little activity in what was a deserted and dead lil forum. Geez, this place has gotten more looks and more posts in the last two days than it has since it was created.

Personally, I'm unbannable; I do have a small amount of tech. skills. But I have nothing against Larry at all, seems like a nice enough guy, and I know that Alaskan likes to come here and talk about guns and all that.

It just seems strange to me that I came here being nice to people and all this weird crap started.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts