Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddie showed me his new "find" the other day.. He travels and ran across this in a shop in Montana.

It's a very nice, near mint Marlin 922 magnum. He paid 300$!!! For those who don't know it's a semi auto , RF version of the Marlin Camp Carbine only with Walnut wood and an aluminimum receiver.

I have seen a few in the 500$ range and although not a problem monitarily is it really worth that kind of money? Was about 350$ new IIRC.

I do not own a semi in magnum and feel this is some thing that must be rectified. ;)

Time to expand my search perameter a ;) so if you see one offered, if you would, pass The contact info my way. ;)

CW

Reactions: Grunt69

·
Registered
848 Posts
"I do not own a semi in magnum and feel this is some thing that must be rectified."

I know how you feel, found mine last year. Paid $450 with a Swift 3-9 x 40 scope and Weaver rail. $300 is as cheap as I have seen them go for. The prices I saw when I was looking were in the $300 to $700 range.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

Reactions: Leverforever

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
I wish I would have seen it!

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
I finally had to raise my min price to 400....then the one I got had home made leaves carved in the stock....they are however, really well done - kind of grows on you...( I'm sure some of the members saw it on GB 4 or 5 mos ago) am going to leave em be - someone put a lot of quality time into that project....that rifle would be my bug out gun....the most versatile I own and it allows you to pack a large number of rounds...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One on gunbroker right now bid up to 750.00 he got a deal.
OUCH!!! I am NOT CHEAP, and would not even consider myself frugal... but that's crazy money!!

I bought my PMR-30 for under 300 NEW when others where paying 7-8 or even 1000$!! I ordered a long time before the hype and I use a reputable dealer who is HAPPY to have customers and make is REGULAR mark ups. I know this is totally different and TOTALLY market driven. Capitalism at its finest. But I hope I can find one for under five bills... I should have bought one LONG AGO!! SAME for the 1894M...STILL KICK myself over that on... GLAD I did but a Marauder, .375 and .356 Marlin when I COULD!!!
CW

·
Registered
87 Posts
i was pretty pleased to find this clean old specimen. was even lucky enough to test drive before purchase to check reliability, ran like a timex.

i think i paid around $450 and was happy to get it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was pretty pleased to find this clean old specimen. was even lucky enough to test drive before purchase to check reliability, ran like a timex.

i think i paid around $450 and was happy to get it.
I am jealous brother that's a nice looking rifle!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.