Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,214 Posts
True that, Golphin, every Virginian that showed up at the rally put the fear into them.

How's that Northam recall coming?

Jack

·
Registered
610 Posts
I was there in support of "Guns Save Lives"!

Another big win was moments after the meeting started it was announced that SB353 was WITHDRAWN! This was huge as the bill was targeting outdoor shooting ranges to shut them down!

LIS > Bill Tracking > SB353 > 2020 session

We are expecting the AWB HB961 to be withdrawn by crossover day, Feb 11th, and possibly as soon as Friday. There are 4 Democrats so far not supporting it. You see, Demoncrats are gun owners in Virginia too! Therein lies Northam's problem!

I'm planning on being at Delegate Committee on Friday just in case they do hear it.

·
Super Moderator
23,779 Posts
True that, Golphin, every Virginian that showed up at the rally put the fear into them.

How's that Northam recall coming?

Jack
I am not sure if a recall can work in VA. Not that the Sanctuary County citizens don't want him out---but as our State Constitution is written---it isn't a very direct or user friendly recall process.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I hope you all's luck holds out. Please keep us apprised LadyLuck. Remember, if they get any gun control measures passed it is a win for them. I want gun control laws to go away so any addition is a loss for me. That is their general play book up here. Go all out for Draconian laws and if you only get 20%, that is a 20% move in their direction. We think we won because we beat back most, but their incremental plan is working. Move the ball left a little each time.
V

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
As they say it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Unless the legislators come to their senses (is that even possible?):stupid:

and kill off the seven bills they have already passed on each side :fight: the red flag bill is the one ripe for abuse :puke: and should be rescinded, and the one handgun a month should just be an executive order and not a law :stupido: We went through this many years ago and the order was rescinded. I am not sure what problem that solved anyway.

I bet (and pray) the professional seasoned democrat politicians will weigh the odds and not vote on the final, only because they don't want to lose power. :flag:

thanks for the post.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
I am not sure if a recall can work in VA. Not that the Sanctuary County citizens don't want him out---but as our State Constitution is written---it isn't a very direct or user friendly recall process.
You’ve got to get THAT changed!

They are feeling the not getting reelected. I give them no credit otherwise.
They need to be held accountable for their past history! Once elected (again) and in office they can (and most likely will) turn around and do whatever they want! Vote ‘em OUT!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
If the people of VA truly want him out, they can get him out. Passive aggressive protest has worked for the left for decades. Clog up the capitol (day after day) with 10K-20K Virginians until he leaves. Basically, run him out. It can be done if Virginia has the determination to get it done. Nothing is impossible.

·
Super Moderator
23,779 Posts
If the people of VA truly want him out, they can get him out. Passive aggressive protest has worked for the left for decades. Clog up the capitol (day after day) with 10K-20K Virginians until he leaves. Basically, run him out. It can be done if Virginia has the determination to get it done. Nothing is impossible.
Northam wouldn't leave even with constant protesting. He didn't get the hint during his blackface scandal. He would duck and hide like he did before which is in line with his lack of shame and character. The local and national media would downplay the protests like they did during the Lobby Day and also with the blackface scandal. I know there has been pressure being applied to the County Sanctuary legislators----possibly a back door smoke filled room deal could be done by that route.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Northam wouldn't leave even with constant protesting. ..........
Don't underestimate the power of the people. If things got so bad that 20K plus people showed up, and won't leave until he's gone, he will get gone.

The 2A rally was great, it got in his face, but one rally will not get him out or change much. Trust me, I know because I live in NJ. It all comes down to this; what is the will and the appetite for Virginians to get rid of a bad governor? There are 8.5 million souls in VA. If VA can't muster 1/4 of 1% (21,250) of the population to commit to removing him, then I guess things aren't all that bad in VA.

With enough pressure, you can break anything.

Reactions: Cowboy23*

·
Super Moderator
13,165 Posts
Don't underestimate the power of the people. If things got so bad that 20K plus people showed up, and won't leave until he's gone, he will get gone.

The 2A rally was great, it got in his face, but one rally will not get him out or change much. Trust me, I know because I live in NJ. It all comes down to this; what is the will and the appetite for Virginians to get rid of a bad governor? There are 8.5 million souls in VA. If VA can't muster 1/4 of 1% (21,250) of the population to commit to removing him, then I guess things aren't all that bad in VA.

With enough pressure, you can break anything.
A recall in VA results in a trial so Blackface Northam would not be removed from office unless convicted of a serious crime.

If enough pressure was brought to bear to make Northam resign, his replacement would be the rapist who would sign anti-gun legislation in a heartbeat along with anything that doesn't involve castrating rapists! :ahhhhh:

If enough pressure was brought to bear on the rapist to resign then Blackface Herring would be governor and I think that he would be worse then the other two combined!!!!

The Democrats piled their fertilizer high and deep in the top offices! :banghead:

EDIT: I think that Criegh Deeds is wanting to take another shot at running for governor since the Lt Gov is a rapist and Herring was unpopular before he admitted to wearing Blackface!

·
Registered
7,989 Posts
The push back is working.
Do not under any circumstances get complacent with the short term appearance of winning or you will be blindsided down the road. These Looney Liberals bank on the fact that you will get both complacent and forget. You have to smash them into the ground every chance you get and keep up the pressure. This I know from living in a State where we have 45 % of population owning a gun and yet have all of the Draconian gun laws your Gubenor is trying to pass. Don't let this happen to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts