Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to my dealer to pick up a new 1895CBA ordered from an internet dealer.
Opened box and rifle looks ok. Bluing clear. Furniture nothing to write home about,
but can be refinished.
Tried to open action. NO LUCK. Action jammed tighter than a (can't say).
Worked in a gunstore for ten years after retiring and can say that this is the only
rifle I have ever seen that was inoperable (immoveable) right out of the box.
Luckily I had not started the paperwork and it will be returned for replacement.
Told the shipper that I would not take the same gun back,
Now another two week wait.
Rant (not quite) Over.:tomato:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Went down to my dealer to pick up a new 1895CBA ordered from an internet dealer.
Opened box and rifle looks ok. Bluing clear. Furniture nothing to write home about,
but can be refinished.
Worked in a gunstore for ten years after retiring and can say that this is the only
Luckily I had not started the paperwork and it will be returned for replacement.
I ran into that with a Marlin 336. Turned out it was a plug screw for the scope mount had been turned it too far and was touching the bolt preventing it from moving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup! That would do it. Quality Control should have caught it, But even if that was the cause I could never trust that gun again.
Hope the replacement is better.

·
Registered
107 Posts
On the 336 I mentioned, it was a used gun and a JM piece. The only way I knew to check the screws was I had mounted a Leupold base to replace the original Weaver base and mistakenly used the Weaver screw which was a tiny bit longer. I went to cycle the action and it would not move. I once had a similar occurrence, but a new rifle from the factory, a Remington bolt gun. In that case, the plug screw would not budge. The factory authorized repair gunsmith (remember those?) that fixed it said he believed it was because the plug screw was twisted to far in to line up the slots of the screws.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
but can be refinished.
It's a Joe bitem special.... no need to outlaw this one, it doesn't work. Remlin at its finest!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts