Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a full length magazine tube and filled the old tube retainer dovetail. Sucked it up and filed the Marbles dovetail filler flush with the barrel. Added a cosmetic dovetail filler where the old rear sight was and added a set of XS sight with the DRC wings. Also removed the crossbolt safety and replaced it with a safety delete. All that's left is to add a Pachmayr Decelerator and have the rifle Shotgun
Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Wood
Cerakoted

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Looking nice! I love these rifles when the owner does these upgrades. Of course I love all the rifles whether they are upgraded or not..... LOL I think yours looks great!

Ron

Reactions: farmboy

·
Registered
21,083 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very we'll done, a true classic.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments. Kind of tells me I'm on the right track.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Added a full length magazine tube and filled the old tube retainer dovetail. Sucked it up and filed the Marbles dovetail filler flush with the barrel. Added a cosmetic dovetail filler where the old rear sight was and added a set of XS sight with the DRC wings. Also removed the crossbolt safety and replaced it with a safety delete. All that's left is to add a Pachmayr Decelerator and have the rifle View attachment 103964 View attachment 103965 Cerakoted
I really like what you have done. Which model did you start out with? And, where did you get the tube and other parts?
Thanks,

Sights

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
One fine lookin rifle! :congrats::top:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I started out with an 1895SS. I got the tube and new spring from Numerich, the safety delete from Beartooth Mercantile, dovetail fillers and XS sight set from Brownells.
I really like what you have done. Which model did you start out with? And, where did you get the tube and other parts?
Thanks,

Sights

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice job! Keep going!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Lookin' good!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
sweet looking shoulder cannon trooper! you're doing a bang up job on it!:congrats:

·
Registered
27 Posts
That looks great. Looking forward to seeing it again after the refinish!

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Do NOT use a Pacmayr, use a Limbsaver 10003, your arm will thank you.

My Pacmayr is in the trash can somewhere

·
Super Moderator
9,347 Posts
Ditto on the Limbsaver versus Pachmeyer pad. My experience is the same.

I prefer full length tubes over partial length ones. I've always felt that beautiful 1895SS deserved a full tube on that 22" barrel. Nicely done.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I recently had mine cerakoted and I am extremely pleased with the results. I think that is the best alternative finish to bluing and absolutely more durable.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.