Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on eBay searching for triple 4 parts... this item popped up in the results, it was unusual enough that I couldn't contain myself and hit the "Buy it Now" button.

Not sure yet exactly what I'm going to do with it, for now just kinda neat to have... thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing it.

Barrel rollmark die for the Marlin 444P:

Metal

Reversed image to read markings:

Metal

Wish I had a 444P to go with it.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
That's really cool. I wouldn't have thought those would ever hit the market.

Reactions: Don845

·
Administrator
30,718 Posts
Was on eBay searching for triple 4 parts... this item popped up in the results, it was unusual enough that I couldn't contain myself and hit the "Buy it Now" button.

Not sure yet exactly what I'm going to do with it, for now just kinda neat to have... thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing it.

Barrel rollmark die for the Marlin 444P:

View attachment 719484

Reversed image to read markings:

View attachment 719486

Wish I had a 444P to go with it.
That is the best paper weight I've seen yet.

FWIW, there is a very nice 444P currently FS in our TP forums. I just picked one up a month ago and it's awesome!

Jack

Reactions: mearl and 45Bill

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey CLA looks like you now need a 444 to go with it.!!! Then it is useful.
Roger that! I have a 444S made in 1980... that was an unexpected and welcomed bit of luck at my LGS a few years ago. I was there buying powder when I spotted this in the used gun rack on my way out and I almost fell over when I saw the price tag... just about broke my arm from whipping out my wallet so fast.

It came with a Marlin sling, Lyman receiver sight, leather saddle scabbard.

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Shotgun

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Roger that! I have a 444S made in 1980... that was an unexpected and welcomed bit of luck at my LGS a few years ago. I was there buying powder when I spotted this in the used gun rack on my way out and at almost fell over when I saw the price tag... I almost broke my arm from whipping out my wallet so fast.

It came with a Marlin sling, Lyman receiver sight, leather saddle scabbard.

View attachment 719518

View attachment 719522
Youzer! Good Buy!

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
What others have said. With the accessories, that was about like a free gun.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
That is the best paper weight I've seen yet.

Jack
Paper weight is right! It's barely 3 inches in diameter and about 3/4" thick, but weighs over 2 lbs.

Another pic showing the tooling identification on it and size comparison:

Metal Circle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.