Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the 338 back and it shoots good even with the trigger issues. The only problem now is the scope has to be cranked all the way to the right to get it zeroed. I've tried two scopes and two different weaver style mounts. I really don't want to get rid of the gun and I'm tired of sending it back for repairs but I don't think this is acceptable. Are there any solutions like two piece dovetail mounts?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Bummer! Take a strait edge on both sides of the receiver and measure the barrel and see what You come up with, it may be cockeyed now instead of droopy! Dennis

·
Registered
274 Posts
use the leupold dove tail bases and ring ,they come on one piece or two piece ,you should get enough adjustment that way

·
Registered
846 Posts
Plumber is right about the Leupold bases but You shouldn't have to do that, but they are windage adjustable and should fix the problem! Let Us know how it works out. Dennis

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
As with what's been said above, you should be able to use windage-adjustable rings to get your desired windage adjustment. In an effort to perhaps save a bit of $$, you might try these Millets, as they will fit on your Weaver bases and work just the same as a standard Leupold base/ring set. I'd take a reading, if possible, with a collimator type bore sighter and use it as a basis to adjust the scope in the new rings, leaving all the correction in the scope for additional minor adjusting. Don't forget to re-center your crosshairs beforehand too. The mirror method is the easiest, IMHO.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=542758

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have heard about zeroing the crosshairs back using a morror, can you tell me how it's done or tell me where I can read about it. Dennis

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
stykbow57 said:
I have heard about zeroing the crosshairs back using a morror, can you tell me how it's done or tell me where I can read about it. Dennis
Look through the scope normally, but up close to a mirror and you should see two sets of crosshairs. Simply use the adjustment knobs to align the "two" sets into one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a rifle that I couldn't get enough elevation adjustment. Bought the Burris Zee Signature Rings AND the Burris Pos-Align insert kit to go with them that allow you to adjust for windage or elevation using the inserts. Works fantastic!! You can find them online at opticsplanet.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts