Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats what the wife said to me this weekend.Have any of you ever heard something like that from your Better Half? ::) Well the fellow only wanted $65 for it and I could not pass it up.He said he bought it about a year ago and it worked fine but now it was jamming every two or three shots and he just did not want to mess with it.I brought it home and gave it a little TLC and it sure did need it.Every thing looked good in the action, it just had a years worth of crud built up.So I cleaned it up and put a scope on her.I will try to get to the range and try her out one day this week.This is a picture before I installed the Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33. JD

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the other side.Aint she purty? ;D JD

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Ditto with that. Pure gem.

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
Nice find!

·
Premium Member
10,957 Posts
I've always said........"You can never have enough .22 cal rifles".........!
Looks like a good buy, to me.

Tom

·
Registered
125 Posts
sweet looking rifle, great find for $65, jealous of course...oh and my wife wouldnt say that, she doesnt always know when I get new ones, to her they look the same, so I tell her every 2 or 3 I got a new one...

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I got a 60 for $90 for the same reason. When I pulled the bolt back I could feel how gummed up and sticky it was. Bought it, took it home and cleaned it. Threw the bolt in an ultrasonic cleaner and carbon and grease came off in chunks.

Thing cycles beautifully and shot a 30 shot 1.5 inch group at 40 yds.

I'll bet you find the same thing once yours is all clean and will have one great little rifle for a very cheap price.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Not a bad deal for a pretty good looking gun.
Kind of reminds me of the 1975 vintage Marlin/Glenfield model 60 with metal trigger housing that I picked up for $35 a few months ago.
It only needed a small disconnector spring and some TLC. It makes a good gun even better, finding one at such a nice price. :)

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
I just sent an e mail to a fella with a Rem 514 single shot I want to aquire, and I'm trying to cull my herd. Ya right.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
;D I just won an auction on Gunbroker for a bunch of Marlin 60 parts, hopin to get a good workin, fun to refinish, rifle out of the deal.
These Marlin/Glenfields can be had so inexpensive that they are like Potato chip$$$....

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
I've always loved Marlin rimfires, but I have been wanting a pump action one for a long time, so I picked up a Rossi at the gun show on Saturday. It will make a nifty plinker I'm sure. One just cannot have too many .22's.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
jackdaniels said:
Thats what the wife said to me this weekend.Have any of you ever heard something like that from your Better Half? ::) Well the fellow only wanted $65 for it and I could not pass it up.He said he bought it about a year ago and it worked fine but now it was jamming every two or three shots and he just did not want to mess with it.I brought it home and gave it a little TLC and it sure did need it.Every thing looked good in the action, it just had a years worth of crud built up.So I cleaned it up and put a scope on her.I will try to get to the range and try her out one day this week.This is a picture before I installed the Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33. JD
Nice rifle and have fun shooting it!

I shoot 22LR firearms the most now due to my hand arthritis and have 3 favorites myself. Even if my hands were not as bad as they are now... I still rate the 22LR the top caliber for me, myself and I for numerous reasons. :)

Marlin Golden 39A - 22LR.
Stevens Favorite single shot rifle made by Savage - 22LR.
Ruger Super Single Six (22LR/22WMR).

Catherine

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
LOL I just ordered another BOYDS stock. These are made for the 60 and 795. Available 5-19-11
Of course I have buy another Glenfield 60 fixer upper to go in it!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
il Padrino said:
Not a bad deal for a pretty good looking gun.
Kind of reminds me of the 1975 vintage Marlin/Glenfield model 60 with metal trigger housing that I picked up for $35 a few months ago.
It only needed a small disconnector spring and some TLC. It makes a good gun even better, finding one at such a nice price. :)
Man, I cant believe how inexpensively you all are picking up the rifles for, I usually have to pay 125-150.00 when I can find old .22s ( I like Marlins and Hi Standard). Maybe it's a California thing, everything gun related here is kind of pesky anyway, probably reflected in the prices of used .22s...

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
So I got all those auctions and was able to make 4 complete rifles.

1) Marlin 75C

2) Glenfield 60

3)Marlin 60

The last of them is still in progress, a Revelation 120 Western Auto pre-1968 .22lr
I had to re-blue the barrel, repaint the receiver, lower receiver touch up, and finally I am still
working on the birch stock. It is a struggle. The banding on it is really pronounced and don't like
the wood like that. I sanded it down and bleached it and it still has too much banding for me.
Still workin on it......

·
Registered
436 Posts
Excellent find at $65 dollars. I have 2 new to me marlin 60's. I got both of them at a police auction for a little over $150.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts