Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sako finnwolf in 308 Win. Made early 70's new never fired.
Original Sako removable rings and Sako rear peep sight. Peep rotates 180 degrees for 100/200 yard shots! All unused.

Once in a lifetime find I think!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Good score Pop, wont even ask what you paid for it, dont want to wince at the pain ;D. Beautiful rifle, had a chance years ago to buy a .308 in a Win model 88 but passed it up because it was missing the clip, should have done it, should have done it. Enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jrchurch254a said:
Good score Pop, wont even ask what you paid for it, dont want to wince at the pain ;D. Beautiful rifle, had a chance years ago to buy a .308 in a Win model 88 but passed it up because it was missing the clip, should have done it, should have done it. Enjoy your new toy.
It was a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50% of what you expect to pay!

·
Banned
20,300 Posts
Nice find Pop!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have to say the same thing- what a find. These are great rifles with loyal followers and fans- for good reason. Whatever you intend to use it for- it is up to the task.

Great sights on those too. For just a fun gun on the range- its hard to beat.

Congrats- I would like to have your luck.

M

·
Registered
297 Posts
Is the Finwolf related in some way to the Win 88? They are very similar in appearence.

riflerick

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Interesting. I like the looks of the gun.

It's also interesting to me that NOBODY on this site ever pays too much for a gun (except me), and they always find these rare beauties. Either I'm not living right, or there is something else going on out there.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I once ran across a nice Sako bolt carbine in 308 Win. that had just such a peep mounted on it. Have wished several times that I had brought it home. It was in a shop that was a little pricey and the guy never negotiated with me much, so there it sat.
Nice find and good luck with it.
Guzziac
Richard P.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Halwg said:
Interesting. I like the looks of the gun.

It's also interesting to me that NOBODY on this site ever pays too much for a gun (except me), and they always find these rare beauties. Either I'm not living right, or there is something else going on out there.
You're not alone Halwg, in fact I can't remember ever buying a gun and thinking to myself what a great deal I just got ???
Nice rifle Pop, have you shot it yet?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly fellas I am not a collector. I am a user! But for some odd reason I can not bring myself to shoot the darn thing.
Selling it is not on the table, at least for now, so it is not like I am trying not to diminish its value.... I just do not know.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Halwg, Aussie 1 - I see there is a small group of us around. My usual gun purchases have gone the "buy high, sell low" route. What very few times I have found what I think is a "good deal", either it is a gun I'm not interested in, or I don't have the spare money at the time.
Pop - It is a nice looking rifle, with clean lines. Nice find. Shenandoah

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Other than stealing my 1894P for $325 at Xmas I've paid fair price to too much for all of mine. Too much at the time I thought but darn glad I've got em..... ;D

Very nice looking rifle Pop. I don't know anything about em but sounds like you should be checking over your shoulders to make sure nobody is chasing ya!

·
Registered
224 Posts
great find... lefty's, like me, love to find guns like that.

you don't have to shoot it right away, just admire it for awhile.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Great Find Pop.I love Sako quality.Very nice rifle.I have been faced with the same issue as you.I had a unfired Win 1894 Alberta diamond jubilee in 38-55.I finally sold it as I'm not a collector.I want shooters.A rifle was made to shoot,not sit in a show case.
A rifles value is based on selling price,so if you dont sell it whats its value to you?Do you want to sit on your investment and hope it appreciates in value to sell it and make money?Do you think you will live long enough for it? Or do you want a rifle to shoot and enjoy and keep in the family.I have seen where a family heirloom was sold off or traded off rather cheaply after the owner has passed,because no one in the family really cared about the firearm the same way the owner did.Just something to think about.I chose to sell my collector rifle and purchase rifles I will shoot and enjoy.Tough decision sometimes.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Pop,

You bought a very nice looking rifle! Congrats!

I would shoot it but if you are into 'collecting' which I am not... do what you want to do.

Catherine

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
A cool rifle made cooler by that sight. 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts