Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought Nosler's 5th. edition and noticed that there is no loading info the the accubonds. I was hoping to load some 200gr. with rl-22 in my 300rum. How does everyone else load these up. I was thinking of using the partition spitzer data but noticed base of the bullet is not incapsulated in copper. A mighty thanks for any info.

G

·
Shoot'n,

I used the 160grn accubonds in my 7WSM and worked up to the max data for 160grn bullets out of the Hornady and Sierra newest manuals (Nosler #5 doest list my caliber). My best load was the max load of RL-22 using the 160 accubond and Hornady data. I did not notice any excess pressure but was just about where I would want to stop at. One thing you will not have trouble with was how far I had to seat that long bullet into my shortmag case to work through my magazine. I got a little over 3000fps (good for this caliber)with an extreme spead of 5.1 for four shots with the four load samples I had and lower pressure signs than factory loads in this caliber. Didn't seem to have any more pressure in my rifle than the Nosler ballistic tips. BM

Bill

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Shoot'n Hogs said:
I just bought Nosler's 5th. edition and noticed that there is no loading info the the accubonds. I was hoping to load some 200gr. with rl-22 in my 300rum. How does everyone else load these up. I was thinking of using the partition spitzer data but noticed base of the bullet is not incapsulated in copper. A mighty thanks for any info.
My load is 92 gr of RL 25 (not 22) and the 200 gr AB. They clock 3148 fps from my SAKO 75 and the best group thus far is

.675" at 300 yards!!!

As far as loading the AB's use standard Partition loads and work up.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My load is 92 gr of RL 25 (not 22) and the 200 gr AB. They clock 3148 fps from my SAKO 75 and the best group thus far is

.675" at 300 yards!!!

As far as loading the AB's use standard Partition loads and work up.
Pop.... That must hurt!!!!! Can't imagine shooting 92grains of anything.... OUCH!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I'm shooting 95gr RL19 out of my 375RUM, and thats just the starting load.
She burns lots of powder! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts