Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new and looking at a Marlin XT-22 for my first rifle. I'm ex-Army and miss the range, so I'm doing the licensing hoop jumping at the moment. Later I'm looking at a Howa 1500 .223 with a Redfield Battlezone 3-9, looks like a nice cheap rifle scope combo.

Just wondering if blued rifles have many rust issues in North Queensland? Should I look at a dehumidifier and if so which one? Would stainless be much better at avoiding rust? Do you guys just do a light oil before storage to aid in prevention?

In the army we'd do a light oil before storage and always had big humidifiers up north and no rust issues in the armoury.

Cheers guys, I'm not too far from Cairns, saw one bloke is from Koah, good to see some locals around.

Plink.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
G'day from NQ. (Bowen). Had firearms all my life ,if you give them a light oil when you put 'em away you should have no problem. Never used a de-humidifier. I am partial to a nice SS rifle though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.