Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I had to finally try the New NOE molds I have today, although my hands hurt pretty bad I figured I needed to at least try it. So I put my Accurate 540gr mold on the hot plate along with the NOE 35-200 for the 35 Rem... I plugged in the lead pot and walked away for around 30 or so minutes while the lead melted and the molds heated up.

First I figure I will cast a few 540gr's..... After 20 minutes I give up on them as they are getting wings on them and chipping on the noses because the mold wont hold together right for some reason.... Then I figure I will give the NOE 35-200 a try, Now usually on a new mold it takes 5 to 10 times through to get the mold hot enough and get it to cast right.... NOPE!! first cast was perfect!!! and every cast after that was perfect..... OMG I LOVE NOE MOLDS!! Their pin system is so superior to that of Accurate so the mold closes perfectly every time without having to crush it with brute force!

So, as much as I have loved my Accurate molds before getting the NOE's..... I will never buy any mold from any other manufacturer but NOE!!
And no I have nothing to do with this company of anyone who works for NOE... This is my honest opinion.

Pics to come later of the 35-200 boolits :biggrin:

Doc

·
Registered
431 Posts
I agree, best guy I ever dealt with !! :)

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Hmmm Doc sounds like your lovin the new mold!!!! :biggrin:

Glad to hear it's working Great for you bud! Can't wait to see the pics of them Shiny Boolits!!!

BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Got to agree with you, Swede Nelson at Night Owl Enterprises, NOE, makes a darn nice mould.

but

Never say never.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics I took before my battery died....

35Rem_1.jpg 35Rem_2.jpg 35Rem_3.jpg 35Rem_4.jpg

I actually like the NOE version of the RCBS 35-200 better then the RCBS 35-200 as the meplat is bigger on the NOE version.

Doc

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Good lookin bullets Doc!

Is that the gas check mold? Looks like somethin I need to think on for my 35.
Let us know how they shoot!
Mop

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
How big did they drop? I like the NOE quality of manufacture, but these days, the Cast Boolits guys are asking for (my opinion only) obscenely oversize castings in most designs.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good lookin bullets Doc!

Is that the gas check mold? Looks like somethin I need to think on for my 35.
Let us know how they shoot!
Mop
Yes this one is the GC version but Im still waiting on GC's... Just purchased 4000 Gator Gas checks off eBay. I cant wait to try them out! I also have the PB mold for plinking but I have a 35PB gas check maker so I can make plain based checks to put on them if I want to up the speed..

Doc,
ya fergot the primers! :wink:
LOL, yeah I just made up the dummy rounds to make sure they would run through the 35 Rem..

How big did they drop? I like the NOE quality of manufacture, but these days, the Cast Boolits guys are asking for (my opinion only) obscenely oversize castings in most designs.
This is a 360 mold and it drops with my alloy 90% COWW 10% pure with 1% pewter added and they drop just over the 360, Some maybe got to 361 but most just kissed the 360 sizing die.

Doc

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
.......Their pin system is so superior to that of Accurate so the mold closes perfectly every time without having to crush it with brute force!
Doc
Doc,
I have found the opposite to be true. Never had to put a lot of pressure on an Accurate mold to close it....just minimal.:biggrin: Sounds like a situation with your particular mold. Perhaps returning it to Tom to be fixed will bring harmony.....

I have 2 NOE molds. One works aok. The other has a slight bit of play between the blocks which can't be fixed without going to oversized pins.

w30wcf

·
Registered
143 Posts
Doc I have to agree with you NOE makes a really nice Mold and their pricing is Good
For All that never took a gander at their Site It is VERY user Friendly The only Problem I have with it is MY BANK ACCOUNT BAL OH yea if the mail comes AFTER Mama gets home and theres a new Mold in a box Anyway--- Casters a little eye candy for ya Home

http://www.noebulletmoulds.com/NV/

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I just cast a pile of one .3:s for a friend, both hp and solid.
Nice molds, but hit took a LOT of effortto get it broken in. Once there though, the bullets were +/- 1.5 grains across about 300 cast, and true yield was good.
I'd not hassle again with hp bullets though.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Nice molds, but hit took a LOT of effortto get it broken in. Once there though, the bullets were +/- 1.5 grains across about 300 cast, and true yield was good.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
A fellow Marlin Owner member, Sweetwater, gave me an NOE mold which is a copy of the Lyman 358009, 280 grain round nose .35 caliber bullet. Man, what a nice casting mold it is! They came out great once I got that puppy up to temperature. Sent a bunch to Sweetwater but he hasn't tried them yet. I tried them but my 1:16 and 1:14 twist rate 35 Whelen/358 Win rifles
won't shoot them. I have a Ruger Hawkeye .358 Win with a 1:12 twist which I've gotta try. It is not the molds fault for my lack of success, it's the wrong twist rate rifles I have tried them in so far.

358 Win

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was thinking about order the NOE 35-200 for my 35 Remington s. You just sealed the deal. I wondered what the acronym NOE stood for, now I know!

·
Registered
143 Posts
pls I just caught up with your post here a FEW months later but the trick with the HP aluminum molds is to run em HOT gotta keep the pins the right temp to drop right I had problems all the time till I kept getting the temp up right I,ll tell ya I don,t know if your running a PID on yer pot but when I started using one it helped with a lot of casting problems I was having just by maintaining a real consistent temp Luck to ya with those HP,s Buddy
DOGG!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Oh gaaawd, dontcha just love playing with shiny things........................specially when they go boom:questionmark: My Precious:hmmmm:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts